1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Orlando-Cleveland Game 5. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Did Tampa Bay screw the pooch?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by what, Jul 7, 2015.

1. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I hope the pooch consented. Sorry...... I'll go now.

1 person likes this.
  2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Interesting ^^

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Combined with your own history, you two make quite a pair. Teddy Bridgewater agrees.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What the hell are you babbling about now?

5. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

I dunno that guy seemed like he was making logical sense to me, i loved how he said marcus mariota was asked to draw his favorite play, in comparison with jameis who was asked to replicate the play that steve marriuchi drew on the whiteboard in detail

the media def goes out of its way to try and make mariota look better than he is, in comparison to jameis

i guess we will see this year

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not disputing that, I actually agree with that point the guy did throw Mariota a softball while being harder on Winston, I was just saying that it's hard to take this guy seriously after he did the same type of thing defending Vince Young. Anyone who questioned Vince Young was racist according to this guy, now anyone who questions Jameis is racist.

There are legitimate questions about Winston (and Mariota IMO, personally I think Winston will probably be the better of the 2) but this guy is going to brand anyone who points them out as a racist. I just don't see him as a credible person on a subject because he has a history of being blinded by bias.

When QB's do interviews like those the guy pointed out, they are doing essentially puff pieces meant to inflate their stock. When is the last time a QB did one of those type of interviews and came away looking bad? The guy who does the interview always has glowing things to say about them afterwards, even guys that go on to be terrible. If they threw harder questions at Winston, it was intended to make him look good....and they wouldn't have aired it if he failed.

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Who was the guy saying the other day the fact that Marriota had no red flags was in itself a red flag? It's the time of the year where they're making up stories. Can't wait for the season to start.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I don't like Mariota's personality. None of these "aw shucks" kids make it far in the NFL. Thats why when they had that Heisman trophy featurette with Bradford, McCoy and Tebow tickling each other's feet under the table I knew none of them had what it took to be an NFL QB.

You've gotta be part *******, part evil genius.

Even though the media would have you believe Jameis is a complete bonehead (and his off the field stuff would back that up), he's actually a very astute kid that is passionate about football. People forget that Peyton Manning once teabagged a girl in college and Ben Roethlisberger is a Bill Cosby fan.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

With peyton and Ben its "Boys will be boys." With Winston well he is a "thug."

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The QB is always viewed as the face. When that face isn't "white enough" it still makes white America a little uncomfortable.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I heard Luck and Eli killed a man.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Luck is a type A all the way. Dude loves ****ing with defenders. Thats a Stanford educated brain with a high-up daddy.

As for Eli, he's obviously a prima donna. Pulled the Elway on the Chargers when they tried to draft him. Archie's boy, Peyton's little bro. They know the cut of his jib.

13. Remii

Remii Member

Notice how Winston spits out answers to questions and Mariota is like "ahhhh" before he answers a question like he has to think about it. That's a red flag...

Anyway, those are short clips. Would be nice to see the entire clip because they both may have been put through the same treatment... And I bet Mariota was bumbling around if they gave him the same treatment as Winston.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You're being a homer.

Winston > Mariota

15. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Jesus Christ I cant wait for the season to start.

16. what

what Member

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If Marcus is really that good the texans are screwed.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think the Bucs could just be that bad.