1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Rox once have Rubio in their grasp?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Liberon, Nov 22, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I saw that charity game in the Bay Area posted in another forum and was thinking, even though it was a charity game, this guy could have put us over the hump and took the Rox to a completely different direction for the better. I feel we always get the short end of the stick...

2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Can't help from Spain.

3. RocketMania1991

I blame the nba lockout for these posts.

1 person likes this.
  4. AFS

AFS Member

We have yet to see if he is even a starting-caliber PG at the NBA level. So far in his euro league play, he hasn't really shown us he's up to it.

5. McGradyPwns

McGradyPwns Member

say "no" to "youtube rubio"

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Apparently Morey really likes him and tried for a couple of years to get him, he and Adelman clashed over it because he wanted to get him and hand the reins of the team over right away, and Adelman thought that would get him fired.

So, not sure if we ever almost had him but it sure sounds like it at one point.

DD

7. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I just have a feeling Ricky is gonna be a BIG TIME fail in the NBA. Let's see, no shooting touch, no range on his shots. What's more his body may not handle all that bumping and he will have hard time finishing at the rim. And I don't think he is that much quicker or faster that any other average pg in the NBA.

The best case scenario for him may be turning into Rajon Rondo type of player because of his increadible passing and playmaking skills. And I really hope he can become that.

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

I never got the Rubio hype either, I don't think he'll be a bust, but I don't think he'll be an all-time great or anything like some people say.

Maybe makes the all-star game once or twice (although he'd have some stiff competition, there are a lot of young PGs)

9. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Rubio seems to have regressed since being drafted by most accounts. I would take Lowry over him 10 times out of 10.

10. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Don't get all the Rubio hype.

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Rubio will be an on-court and box office hit. He'll be a great player in the NBA.....that is IF the NBA ever gets it's act together again.

12. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Rubio is working on his game and his touch right now and he's progressing. You should read the last Woj article on him. Don't forget about the fact that he was injured or hurt all of the last season and even in Eurobasket.

He'll get healthy and we will see what he's all about. I could doubt his future with Human Garbage Rambis, but under Rick he will be just fine. I'm happy for him

13. makman

makman Member

lol my thoughts exactly. he's young, hasn't progressed, lacks a shot, no defense, and lowry, dragic, and any other pg we've had is and have been better. with that said what hump would he put us over?

14. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

... Kyle Lowry is the most overrated player on the board

15. HeWhoIsLunchbox

Rubio is the most overrated prospect on the planet. What's your point? Seems like you're implying that you think Rubio is the better player.

16. makman

makman Member

I personally think he's underrated. The guy works hard and has improved every season, he's one of the only bright spots on this team. Rubio is just flashy and we'll see if that even translates to the nba which I doubt. When he runs into someone more physical than him (which is everyone), he will struggle.

17. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

The most overrated prospect on the planet is Biyombo

Lowry played just a couple of month' on a really high level under beautiful coach with a lot of freedom and he had a really hot streak.

He will play next season under terrible coach with on a way worse Rockets team under losing pressure, I will not be surprised at all if he won't reach his february-march level in the near future.

Don't forget, that every player (not a scrub) on this team was unhappy of Morey's decision, so the intense level and team chemistry, team moral will not be there at all.

18. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

We will be worse without Adelman for sure and the part of it will be a lack of heart. Lowry is all heart and if loses a part of this intense, he will be another player, a mediocre PG at best. His intensity made him someway special

19. makman

makman Member

I agree about the team being worse without Adelman, but Adelman has absolutely nothing to do with Lowry's heart and intensity. This is far from the same team and therefore team chemistry was going to have to be rebuilt anyways.

20. HeWhoIsLunchbox

Well, I know for a fact that Lowry has been working his butt off during the offseason/lockout and has been the best player in nearly every charity and pro pickup game that he's played in. So I don't think that his "hot streak" was just a flash in the pan. I think it was genuine improvement.