1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did MJ Finally make a good draft pick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It looks like Melo should probably have been the no.1 pick. As a starter he is averaging 22/6/6@58TS%.

He can dribble, finish, and hit FTs which is brother can not. He shooting should get better. He is 3rd on his team in RPM. MJ's drafting record has been pretty poor.

Slim, tinman and JumpMan like this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he looks really good against the Rockets

and no Anthony Edwards highlights (#1 pick)

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm still shocked this kid is for real.

daywalker02 and jeevinesh like this.
  5. lionaire

lionaire Member

Absolutely. Kid has damn good instincts and feel for the game. Like I said in the gamethread yday, I'm extremely happy GS didn't draft him cause he would've fit perfectly with them.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Melo's been great but in a redraft Wiseman should go no 1 IMO just cuz he looks like a less talented but much healthier Embiid.

Really impressed with Lamelo though unlike his bro with a squeaky clean rep Lamelo has had a spotty history so its crazy he is such a professional now. Great work ethic and his teammates say he is acting extremely mature for his age.

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

PJ Washington, Malik Monk. Trading for Delonte Graham...........................Jordan doesn't get all of the say but he did want Ball

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  8. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jordan has an affinity for players who come from big college programs that stayed a few years. Especially if they preformed at a high level. Then, Charlotte has rarely bottomed out and they'd get lucky not lucky with #2 picks like they did in the Anthony Davis draft and Dwight Howard draft. I don't remember who they settled for after Davis... Okafur was just okay.

Jordan and the Hornets' real problem is the contracts he gives out. I think they have had top five payrolls regularly. That's crazy considering the best they've ever been is mediocre. But maybe he has to overpay to get players to play in North Carolina. o_O

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it was like yesterday when he was shoplifting in China or something like that. I didn't think he would amount to anything back then. And his dad seems to be a lot more mellow (no pun intended) nowadays. His antics used to put a ton of pressure and distraction on Lonzo when he first came out.

roslolian likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think he just doesnt care about money he is making more $$$ than Lebron 20 yrs after he retired.

MJ is more concerned about his rep and just beating other teams than whether he makes money in his NBA team imo.

ronclone, JayGoogle and JumpMan like this.
  11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I think you guys are confusing Lamelo with LiAngelo, I don't think Melo has ever had any character issues, it was known from when they were in high school that Melo was by far the best NBA prospect, and he has stayed out of trouble his entire life. LiAngelo along with some UCLA kids were caught shoplifting in China, Melo was not on that trip as it was a UCLA vs. Georgia Tech game being played in China, Melo was still in high school, and he was absolutely dominating.

I don't even think LiAngelo who is in the D-league getting caught shoplifting says anything about the kid either. It was known since they were in middle school that LaMelo would easily be a lottery pick, Lonzo would be a first rounder, and LiAngelo probably would be a fringe NBA player at best. Imagine knowing that being a middle child already, that your younger and older brothers were NBA bound and you weren't. Could have gotten into a lot more trouble than shoplifting with 2 other people on a school trip.

#11 BallSoHarden, Feb 10, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    daywalker02, JayGoogle, Easy and 3 others like this.
  12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

What is the spotty history? Lamelo is like a little kid at heart, baby of the family, never been in trouble. If you watch their show, he makes fun of his brother LiAngelo for stealing. Lonzo also had a kid at like 19/20 years old, Melo has been sheltered.

#12 BallSoHarden, Feb 10, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

emjay finally took the draft personal.

[​IMG]

Nook and arabrocket like this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You are right. I confused the two brothers.

daywalker02 and BallSoHarden like this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

You are right I was wrong the 3rd kid was the one who got caught shoplifting.

Looks like the main issue with Lamelo is immaturity concerns which obv he has laid to rest.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Right.

Every story about MJ is about how competitive he is, that he hates to lose at ANYTHING so I'm sure this is no different. He's not the tanking type.

As for Lamelo, if he's going to shoot like he's been doing the past few days he's going to be a superstar pretty damn soon.

ronclone likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

He is NBA ready because he played a lot of professional bball overseas instead of going to college.

That might be the way for future prospects.

Still pretty high on Wiseman, he hasn't played for one year due to a suspension before the draft.

#17 daywalker02, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That was Li Angelo though.....thought so as well for years. Got that cleared up.

Melo was just the annoying kid with braces.....

Easy likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The court vision is unreal fo sure.