1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Miami school Chicago?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Agent94, Jun 26, 2008.

?

1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    36.6%
  2. No

45 vote(s)
    63.4%
  1. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Think about it. Several weeks ago Beasley was the consensus #1. Then Miami starts the rumors that they would not take him with the #2 pick. They say they don't like his work ethic and he is a tweener.

After the pick Riley says they always wanted him and his numbers were off the chart. I think Miami got the better player.

2. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

but he didnt say when it was

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I really think it was up to Chicago's brain trust to decide if Rose was better for them or not.Only time will tell who got the best player. I think Riley was trying to fool everyone into thinking that Beasley wasn't his target.

4. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I think Rileys tone was more to diffuse all of the negative press apparently coming from Riley about Beasley. It might have had some legs but Riley needed Beasley (the media) to feel like that was his plan all along. Who wants a malcontent from day one? Even Steven A Smith was asking him about the negative reports. It was kind of lame, but typical sensationalistic coverage from ESPN.

I loved when the draft analyst guy said he wanted some solid facts regarding the character maturity issues and not amorphous speculation without source. Good reporting for once.

5. TmacsRockets

TmacsRockets Rookie

Bulls needed both players.

6. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

I live in Bulls country. Beasley was never the consensus #1 up here. Never.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The idea that the Heat "schooled" the Bulls and influenced their choice is incredibly stupid. Sorry to be so harsh, but it's the truth. If they actually tried to do so (which I don't believe for one minute), Pat Riley is senile and declining fast.

8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

no they didn't. rose is a stud point guard prospect who grew up in chicago.. it wasn't a hard decision for the bulls.

9. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

No, but Morey did school the league by pretending he wanted Batum.

10. da1

da1 Member

Rose is from Chicago they had to pick him.

11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Riley sounded more like he was towing the company line for the rest of the front office, the people who he has to listen to when it comes to personnel decisions.

I don't think Riley wanted him more than he wanted Mayo...he just drew the short straw.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I just heard Riles' interview after selecting Beasley. From his comments, it's very clear they have major concerns about his maturity and adaptability to the NBA. I thought he should have been less blunt about it. Once you pick a guy, you may as well keep it all positive. But Riles is Riles.

13. natrix964909

natrix964909 Member

Chicago just made a stupid pick. They already have a young, very good point guard in Hinrich. Even though he's not elite, he is capable. Chicago's biggest need was frontcourt scoring and they passed up one of the most versitile big men in recent memory.