1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Letterman go to far?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by garthomps, Jun 11, 2009.

1. garthomps

garthomps Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j5g8kE_g-YA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j5g8kE_g-YA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6WnusTIsbZA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6WnusTIsbZA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

EDIT: The "knocked up joke" was about her 14 year-old daughter.

#1 garthomps, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Oh! This won't get moved.

3. garthomps

oops, you're right. Thought I was in the D&D. Mods, please move the thread.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I thought Letterman's joke was directed more at ARod than Palin's daughter.

I also thought the guy in the 2nd interview was a major league *******.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm MadMax and I approve this message

6. famicom

famicom Member

How would you feel about being called slutty and your daughter being knocked up by Arod...really... how would you feel about being called slutty and your daughter being knocked up by Arod..

That's all I got from the second video about a 30 second joke..

7. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

He'd be the MVP of the ******* league..

1 person likes this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it was directed at both. I haven't been watching Letterman much so I don't know if these days this is going too far for him but it was pretty low.
    I thought both of them did a terrrible job of handling the interview. John Ziegler came off as a major league a-hole but Contessa lost control of the interview right from the get go and sounded ill prepared.

9. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

I don't think it was low at all. I think all the mothers of pregnant high schoolers should come under fire. Maybe if Palin spent less time pumping out kids while reading all those imaginary magazines and more time regulating her household, David would treat her with a little respect.

10. Locke

Locke Member

Palin's camp has to realize that if you are going to parade your pregnant teenage daughter around for political gain, you've sorta sold off your ability to control the message regarding her going forward. It doesnt help that they've been so weird about the boyfriend/father...its just a trainwreck up there.
    But hey, Sarah says Bristol is the PERFECT person to be the spokesperson for abstinence. Of course Bristol hasnt really said too much. Not sure she's allowed to.

The point we're all missing is that Palin is politically irrelevant in the large scheme of things. The GOP isnt going to win with someone like her at the helm.

Letterman makes comments about Arod and Spitzer sleeping around all the time. He makes fun of everyone. If people want vanilla talk show hosts, Jay Leno will be back on the air in a few weeks for them.

1 person likes this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The joke is ... Palin's family does not walk her talk ... wrt abstinence.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:D LOL!

"Cut the mic, please...! Much more..." :D

First of all, David Letterman doesn't back off from anyone, and I laughed at first, but then when he says "get back in the dugout" I get that it was directed at AR.

About the 2nd video:
    For MSNBC to bring this guy who is obviously going to trash their entire network for crap they get away with is shooting themselves on the foot. They expect this not to end up in a bad way? :rolleyes:

LOL at the lady saying "I don't know what to do with that." Duh. You're a news anchor, and you don't know what to do with that? :D

13. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

bottom line. if you're gonna run for vice president or be a public figure, be prepared for jokes

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah...F her underage daughter. :rolleyes:

15. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Since when is 18 underage?

16. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Palin's campaign manager/handlers probably pushed for her to attack back so that she actually shows up in the news. Can she go away, please? Shame on you, Letterman. Why can't you quit her?

2nd guy? He seems like the perfect talking head to throw red meat to the hardcore right. But, he's on MSNBC... terrible choice to show the left and moderates. I'm not sure how they possibly thought his antics would be anything but a net loss.

(Unless it was a setup for later, so he can really throw the red meat to the right, by claiming 'msnbc won't let me on!', 'they silenced my voice! freedom of speech!)

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't agree with the Palin's parading their daughter around, especially as a spokesperson, but at the sametime I don't think she should be a target for cheap shots.
    A-Rod and Spitzer are public figures by their own choice and adults. I don't know if Bristol Palin had asked to be a public figure and is the teenage daughter of a public figure.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind, actually......

ER, UH....yeah, I think it's exploitation and it's disgusting!

19. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

She was on the cover of People w/ full page photos and an interview. She accepted her role in public life.

20. garthomps

It was about her 14 year old daughter.