1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Lebron go from the next Jordan to "need 6 rings to match Pippen"?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by meh, Jul 8, 2010.

1. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Or 1 ring to match Paul Pierce.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Wade actually won a title.
    It wouldn't take much to lure LeBron away from Cleveland.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Allen Iverson took a worse team to the finals

Rocket River
    I'm just saying. . .

1 person likes this.
  4. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

That's an old 53 win team to be more precise. Had Cavs been in West that year, that'd be number 6 seed facing Spurs in first round. Think about that.

5. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

No body on the mia will ever surpass MJ-23.

6. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

K. Lets see the vid where Pippen murders any team by dropping the final 25 straight on them.

7. max14

max14 Member

Damn. They are going to chase the best team in NBA history.
    The word is TEAM, I think it's weird but I'm OK with Lebron's decision.

8. spysta

spysta Member

He is ALREADY LEGENDARY

Fans are so stupid

The man took less money and is accepting a scoring decrease to win a championship = WRONG

To stay in cleveland where they were never gonna get him the players neccesary to help him win (jamison) = WRONG Im sure if he would have stayed then everybody would have said that it was about the money.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

To those of you who are actually arguing that James is better than Pippen. OF COURSE HE IS. I wasn't even arguing about that in terms of player-to-player comparison.

My point is perception, how James will be viewed in history, and how he'll be viewed now in terms of marketing. When you're considered the #2(or #1A at best) option on your team, you're just not going to get the most respect.

And please, the Heat is Wade's team, and everyone will say it's Wade who got Lebron to coattail on his back rather than the other way around. Which kid wants to be Lebron now that he surrenders to a guy who can't even get out of the first round without Shaq?

10. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

are Lebron 'witnesses' finally understanding why I dislike him? this is why.. why would u disrespect ur former team and rip their hearts out on national tv like this? classless, he represents everything bad in the nba.. theres no defending this guy

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wade has a title, not Lebron.

12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

It's more about him going to DWades Heat than leaving the Cavs to me. He could of left and went to the Bulls which has just a good a team in place as the Heat and he would have still been the man. Going to play with Wade makes it seem like he realized he can't win being the hands down best player on a team. I feel like the guy isn't stepping up and challenging himself and the other great players in the league by teaming up with Wade.

13. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Stupid comparison. Anyone with the IQ of a peanut knows that LJ is a better player then pippen ever was.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why not? Kareem was Legendary and he didn't start off with the Lakers.

15. ItsThat1Guy

ItsThat1Guy Member

Here, I'll try...

Arguably the best athlete on the planet is tired of losing and wants to put a stop to it.

There. I did it.

And he is a GREAT poster boy for the NBA. Were you around in the early 2000's? Those stars represented everything wrong with the NBA.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

This article pretty much sums up my point.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

People keep saying this -- I don't see how Wade's title 4 years ago on a different team has anything to do with it. Would Wade have won an NBA title if he switched places with LeBron the last couple years? Probably not. Was Wade a better player in 2006 than LeBron was in 2009 and 2010? No, not really.

I'm a big Dwyane Wade fan, but the reality here is LeBron and Wade have chosen to join forces because they both want to win. Its not LeBron riding Wade's coattails to a championship. That makes no sense, considering that the Heat wouldn't even be a contender without LeBron, while the Cavs would certainly be contender next year with LeBron and no Wade/Bosh.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The scenario wouldn't seem as ridiculous if Jordan and Thomas were really good friends (as James and Wade are), instead of bitter enemies.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

lebron is already 5x the player pippen was, outside of the rings.

20. DaneB

DaneB Member

Those Blazers teams were extremely stocked with talent! One of the most talent teams I have seen in years...