1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Kawhi just take the MVP from Harden tonight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Mar 6, 2017.

1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

sure those guys could shoot a little better. but you have to give at least a little credit to the opposing team's defensive scheme. Plus, I don't see the rockets putting up a much better defensive effort than that, and you won't get a better game from Harden.

2. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

How sweet would it be if the Spurs end up with the number one seed, and Kawhi ends up winning MVP after we meet them in the western conference finals and then end up beating the Spurs 4-2 while Harden clowns all over Leonard?

What a wild roller coaster of deja vu that would be.

Richie_Rich, Nick_713 and Nook like this.
  3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

The MVP is a season award but I'm sure ESPN will try to make a push for it

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

anything that ends with a disappointing season for the Warriors is fine by me

Nook likes this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8 more assists a game is nothing to sneer at, nor is Kawhi's defense.

It is very close, but Harden still has the edge. This was the best game of Kawhi's career. Don't forget that...

6. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

over/under the 4 tnt crew members giving the mvp award to kawhi tonight on inside the nba.

over or under?

J Sizzle likes this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Guys harden is a top 5 nba talent. He has some nights where he is the best player in the world.

We lost the game. Dont over react.

Richie_Rich, durvasa and RudyTBag like this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Push

Kenny, Chuck, and Ernie will all jump on the Kawhi train. Shaq will stick with Westbrook "cuz he's avershin uh tribble dubble Ernie"

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Some of us overreact because we know how violently the narrative swings away from Harden when something like this happens.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Harden had a good game overall but this way FAR from his best game and not even in his top 10-15 games of the season. He was sloppier with the ball than usual, he didn't rebound as well as he can and in transition he wasn't as deadly as he has been. He shot the ball well from downtown. He wasn't the reason we lost.

As for shooting from 3; the Rockets shot like 27% from 3 outside of Harden. The Rockets overall shot 35% from 3 which is borderline for the Rockets magic number. I haven't looked as closely at it but I believe the Rockets as a team shoot 36% from 3 on average. Also the Rockets only attempted 39 shots from outside the arc. The Rockets also took more mid range shots than usual.

The Rockets were not bad (other than the last 4 minutes) and would beat most teams with their performance tonight; but this wasn't a great game by the Rockets.

No Chance likes this.
  11. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

This is gonna hurt Harden's MVP bid badly. As much as we'd like to believe that there's an objective basis for MVP, it's really all just narrative and this game gave Kawhi a head to head win against the lead candidate with a pretty two-way highlight to play on ESPN over and over again. Kawhi is insane and while I still think James is the MVP, he really is a close 2nd now.

Richie_Rich and heypartner like this.
  12. Daddy Long Legs

We woulda won that game with a healthy anderson swishing 3s.

I believe he is vital to our offense. If his back is bad than we are screwed.

Other than that there is nothing important about this game. We are 3 seed regardless

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I don't want to hear shiiiit about K.Leonard stealing mvp from harden. *** mvp. See Olajuwon/ DRob.

All that matters is the playoffs. Win or go *** ur self

14. Wylo

Wylo Member

I don't think this is true. While I agree that Kawhi is the leading MVP candidate as of now, Harden also gained some momentum over Westbrook with this game. As long as Harden separates himself from Westbrook it's a good thing, because it would be truly unfair if Westbrook wins MVP. At least you can make a legitimate case for Kawhi. Westbrook has none, other than that overrated triple double average.

15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

you could definitely argue that some guys could have shot better. but you could also argue that Harden won't shoot as well either. Basically, they were a very good version of themselves tonight and it wasn't enough. I don't remember seeing a better performance from harden against a great team, (except obviously at the end). but he was not more sloppy than usual tonight. That spat of turnovers he had has been very typical of him this year.

I'm not blaming the loss on him. He was great.

my point is: some aspects of this team will be better on a given night, but some will also be worse. I wouldn't be comfortable saying they could play a lot better than this against a great team, other than expecting a ridiculous effort from three, which is unrealistic. I also don't think you could see much better defensively, but you could certainly see worse.

16. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Yeah dude I didn't even mention Westbrook in my post because I don't think he should even be in the running anymore. The Thunder lost 3 straight with Westy bricking horrible shots late. The triple double thing is cool and all but stats alone won't get you MVP.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

My dream ...... its got a different way :(
    Whats with the spurs winning close game recently

18. Daddy Long Legs

19. arubato

arubato Member

My thoughts exactly.

20. BackdoorHarden

Daddy Long Legs likes this.