1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Kawhi just take the MVP from Harden tonight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Mar 6, 2017.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Unfortunately the media is both stupid and fickle. One game absolutely will turn the tide and this one just did it. I never thought Westbrook had a chance and he's for sure eliminated now, but Leonard just became the easy favorite since no one really wanted to vote for Harden and Westbrook in the 7th seed wasn't a viable alternative.

ESPN will highlight this on every show tomorrow and Rachel Nickols will suck Kawaii's penis on air while her colleagues rejoice that they no longer will be shamed in to voting for the Beard.

Edit: Dadakota will handle the shaft, Nicols will be on ball duty. Sorry my mistake.

J.R. likes this.
  2. dlite316

dlite316 Member

MVP is not won based on one game, but if the spurs finishes the season as the 1st sead Leonard will be a very strong candidate.

gunawanspurs likes this.
  3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

nobody really cares about the mvp. I doubt either team wins the championship

Nook likes this.
  4. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Harden has had a great year but last year went a long way to tarnish his already shaky rep in the league (blooper reels of his defense, just being seen as an all offensive player, TOs, etc.). It was going to take a huge effort for Harden to take the MVP because the league just doesn't want Harden as one of the faces of the league. He's just not that liked or respected outside of Houston. Harden could have shut a lot of people up tonight but the TO bug came back to bite him, missed FT and Kawhi was making all the signature plays down the stretch to take the Spurs to the win.

5. Mr. Motiejunas

6. BackdoorHarden

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Harden was awful with the turnovers... each one of those is a missed opportunity to score

8. BackdoorHarden

I would pay to watch that. Rachel Nickols that is, not Dadakota, unless he's a hot chick. He's probably a 50 years old white guy.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Kawahi doesn't have the ballhandling of Lebron to play like Lebron.

10. And1redux

And1redux Member

but better shooter and defender

11. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah they can. They didn't shoot especially well from three and they were mediocre defensively. This is a game the Rockets usually win but they were not exceptional. They lost to the team with the second best record in the NBA by two points.

RedNation likes this.
  12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Kawhi should be the leader in the race. It was a 3-man race before this game, and he edged ahead with this performance.

Harden was superb on offense through 2 1/2 quarters. But Kawhi was excellent throughout the game, and put his stamp on it defensively in the second half.

gunawanspurs and javal_lon like this.
  13. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

No way. Aldridge, Gasol, or Mills would be the Rox 2nd best player. Popovich > MDA

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Please, make Kawhi the MVP over Harden. And give him the award before game 1 of our series against them.

"That's. My. Trophy." Come on, fates. Make it happen. Let us play San Antonio in he playoffs again.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

If he lost it on one game then he never really had to begin with.

But the ABH crowd is happy & posters like Isoball too.

I told you James Harden was a fraud!

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Where were the rest of the Rox?

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

"Most Valuable Recency Bias" is really what the award should be called

19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

They were not mediocre defensively. That is the type of defense typical of them. and they weren't on fire from three, but they were by no means bad. You won't see a better game from Harden. period. but you are right, they were beaten by the better team.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

LOL - it ain't my fault.

Don't be pissed at me because I can respect other team's players, especially those that play 2 ways.

Don't be whiners, learn how to raise your expectations of our great players.

DD

swyyyguy likes this.