1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Did Cops Cover-Up Mel Gibson Tirade?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MR. MEOWGI, Jul 31, 2006.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

encouraging:

http://drudgereport.com/flash3.htm

MEL SAYS SORRY TO THE JEWS
    Tue Aug 01 2006 11:10:45 ET

August 2, 2006 -- There is no excuse, nor should there be any tolerance, for anyone who thinks or expresses any kind of Anti-Semitic remark. I want to apologize specifically to everyone in the Jewish community for the vitriolic and harmful words that I said to a law enforcement officer the night I was arrested on a DUI charge.

I am a public person, and when I say something, either articulated and thought out, or blurted out in a moment of insanity, my words carry weight in the public arena. As a result, I must assume personal responsibility for my words and apologize directly to those who have been hurt and offended by those words.

The tenets of what I profess to believe necessitate that I exercise charity and tolerance as a way of life. Every human being is God’s child, and if I wish to honor my God I have to honor his children. But please know from my heart that I am not an anti-Semite. I am not a bigot. Hatred of any kind goes against my faith.

I’m not just asking for forgiveness. I would like to take it one step further, and meet with leaders in the Jewish community, with whom I can have a one on one discussion to discern the appropriate path for healing.

I have begun an ongoing program of recovery and what I am now realizing is that I cannot do it alone. I am in the process of understanding where those vicious words came from during that drunken display, and I am asking the Jewish community, whom I have personally offended, to help me on my journey through recovery. Again, I am reaching out to the Jewish community for its help. I know there will be many in that community who will want nothing to do with me, and that would be understandable. But I pray that that door is not forever closed.

This is not about a film. Nor is it about artistic license. This is about real life and recognizing the consequences hurtful words can have. It’s about existing in harmony in a world that seems to have gone mad.

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Alcohol loosens the tongue enough so that the inebriated person says things on his mind that he otherwise wouldn't have said.

I believe we saw the real Mel Gibson when he was pulled over. Remember who his father is and what his father believes (that the Holocaust never occurred).

My people have a word for Mel Gibson and people like him.

That word is schmuck.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

AH BS !!

He might have just come from a dinner party where they were discussing the latest war with Lebanon, and Mel may have thought that Israel is going too far....combined with alcohol he just went off.

DD

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

at least he apologized. regardless of what you think he may or may not believe about jews and other subjects, he seems to be a certified nut.

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Let me get this straight. So you're telling me that Hollywood actors are not the cornerstone of integrity?

6. MadMax

i certainly understand you feeling this way.

maybe he'll change. maybe this was his rock bottom. saw a report today that he was seriously considering suicide and was completely lost in alcohol.

7. lpbman

lpbman Member

Or maybe he was just trying to piss off the cops that were arresting him.

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I have seen people drunk say some vicious things but that does not mean they believe what they said.

Alcohol HINDERS brain functionality, don't you think it might hinder coherent thought too?

DD

9. RocketMan Tex

Looks To Me Like It Runs In The Family

10. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

My friends, isn't this just typical? Another intelligent conservative here, railroaded by our liberal justice system, just like [shuffles papers] Colonel Oliver North, officer Stacey Koons, and cartoon Smokespeson Joe Camel.

Well, I've had it! I am going to make it my mission to see that our friend Mel is set free.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

There are people who deny we went to the moon
    some of them are actually rational folx

as my grandfather use to say :
    Some people don't believe Christ rode the Jack***
    because he didn't ride it across their doorstep

Rocket River

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Gibson has been struggling against self-invented jewish conspiracies for years, this isn't an isolated incident.

http://www.slate.com/id/2146880/nav/tap1/

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

And here I thought Gibson was a good Catholic ...

EXCLUSIVE: Mel Gibson Was 'Really On The Verge Of Suicide' Before His DUI Arrest; 'This Was A Death Wish'

I'm told by a source intimate with his situation tonight that Mel Gibson "was really on the verge of suicide because he felt he was helpless to alcohol and didn't know what to do about it." Sure, my reaction was: sounds like spin. But the source here is someone I've known closely for years. Make your own judgment -- here's the rest of what he told me about Gibson (mugshot left): "No one's really asking questions about his state of mind. That's why he was driving around 90 miles an hour. This was a death wish. If that cop hadn't stopped him, this guy was going to be wrapped around a pole. This is such a bigger issue than 'Will he work again?' This is about his not wanting to live anymore. I've seen what he's gone through and what he's going through. You have to understand the disease of alcoholism. He was back in it. There's no doubt in my mind he was trying to kill himself that night." As for his anti-Semitic slurs during his DUI arrest, I'm told that Gibson doesn't remember saying them. "Why? He had alcoholic blackout syndrome. I don't know a lot about it. I've not had a lot of experience with it. He has some recollection of parts of the evenings. But he's not denying he said those things, and if anything he's owning up to it. But nobody could verify it. Not even he or his lawyers have seen the police report yet." The insider called Gibson's situation "tragic. It's not about what people are focusing on, understand that. 'This is Mel Gibson. He can do whatever he wants. He has all the money in world. He has a wonderful family. He has a wonderful wife.' They're not thinking about the real issue here: alcoholism. Nobody is talking about his alcoholism." Presently, I'm told Gibson is in a non-residential alcohol recovery program in the Malibu area.

UPDATE: *Publicist Alan Nierob informed the Los Angeles Times for its Tuesday edition that his client Mel Gibson "is fighting for his life" in his struggle with drinking.

14. MadMax

i think he's very foolish for saying the things he said. and if that is truly what he thinks, that's awfully dark.

but let's try not to pile on suicide attempts in a "ha, ha...i thought you were catholic" manner. that seems a bit distasteful.

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Maybe he just got tired of dealing with the Jewish control of Hollywood, and went off.

;)

DD

16. RocketMan Tex

Maybe he should keep his millions under his mattress...everyone knows Jews control the international banking industry and financial markets as well! ;) :D

17. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I haven't met any good Catholics that reject Vatican II.

18. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I don't know how anybody can say that what people do when they are drunk just comes from the alcohol like you are literally drinking in thoughts and actions that aren't inside you somewhere. If a guy gets drunk and beats his wife is it only because of the alcohol? It's because deep down inside, the guy feels like hurting his wife but when he's sober, he has inhibitions (beating my wife is considered wrong by most people, I was taught it is wrong, I don't want to go to jail etc.). The guy gets drunk and loses his inhibitions and does what he wants to do, blame the Jews for everything.

BTW, did anybody see those pictures of him at a bar or something with some chicks??? I'm so sure those to ditzes were having a long stimulating discussion on the current situation in the Middle East.

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Now you're talking !!

DD

#59 DaDakota, Aug 1, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Suicide for Catholics is a great-big-o NO-NO aka a mortal sin. Commiting suicide means a one way ticket to hell (or purgatory?). All of this from the guy who gave us The Passion of Christ.

For us nonbelievers, The Passion of Christ ... I think I will stop here but suffice it say I was about to unload on Christians, like a drunk Mel Gibson.

Mr. Gibson, methinks, has some deep, dysfunctional scars from his religious upbringing. His very serious beliefs as seen in The Passion do not reconcile with his driving 90 mph, three sheets to the wind, bent on death, villifying Jews as he goes.