1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

did blogo really do something criminal?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by insane man, Dec 16, 2008.

1. insane man

insane man Member

times

2. underoverup

underoverup Member

i was wondering this as well; why didn't the prosecutor wait until blogo actually had some cash in hand? i guess there is more evidence that will come out, but i find it strange that there seems to be such a rush. blogo certainly seems to have committed crimes, but what happened to innocent until proven guilty?

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

4. Sacudido

Sacudido Contributing Member

I think they had to move soon in order to make sure he didn't go and appoint someone to the Senate seat. Perhaps Illinois law doesn't allow anything to be done after the fact if it turns out the appointment was made unethically.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This seems to be more than just some philosohical pondering or even legal pondering. Did dhe Federal prosecuter jump the gun. Will they even be able to impeach.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Well his career is already ruined, even if they had nothing on him. It'd be too bad if they couldn't get a conviction or an impeachment, but he'll at least probably not hold public office again.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

unfortunately he'll be able to pick the senator though if they can't impeach him

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't think he will be able to. The AG is trying to doing something to take the power away from him without impeachment. Besides, I'd think his appointment would be radioactive. The only person who could take that appointment would be Blagojevich himself. And then, at best, no one in the Senate would work with him, they'd try to run him out, and then he'd lose in the re-election.