1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did anyone else read this article?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by divino25, Jan 30, 2007.

1. rocketsmetalspd

Somebody should send this article to both Yao and T-Mac.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

In an ideal world, should Nash start at the point? Sure. One could argue, however, that McGrady is the best distributor not to play at the one, and I'll take that, along with everything else he does when healthy, thank you very much.

3. awo86

awo86 Rookie

why should we care what a dumb f##k is saying??

4. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Rich Hammond, ur a f***ing piece of s***!!! go f*** urself!!!! Dumbass!!!! :mad:

r there any hitman here?!!!!!

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Whim of the FANS? :rolleyes:

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I didn't bother reading his reasoning. Looked like he didn't say why Yao should be excluded.

If he thinks he doesn't deserve it based on games missed, I have no problem with that. That's what they'll do to Paul Pierce, among others.

TMac deserves on the team, but Nash deserves to start over him... he's in the top 2 or 3 MVP candidate list this year yet again..TMac isn't right now.

7. BlakeB

BlakeB Member

Tracy has played like an MVP candidate since Yao has been out, Tracy deserves his spot in the lineup-pure and simple. I wouldn't be upset if Nash were starting over Mac, but whether he is the starter or not he deserves to be in the lineup (just as Nash does). And Yao deserves to be in the lineup as a tribute to what he did before he went down. That guy was playing out of his mind, Yao was arguably the best player in the league before he hurt his knee. I think Amare definitely deserves to start in Yao's place, the guy is a great center, but Yao at least deserves to be acknowledged as the best center in the west.

As for the east, the fact that Shaq made the all-star bugs me more. Nothing against Shaq, but he has played like 7 games this season... and he wasn't that impressive in them. I understand people still love Shaq but he is really the only player elected to the all star roster that is undeserving. You can make a case for any other all-star player being there... not so much with Shaq. Dwight Howard, the best big man in the east, and the guy I look forward to Yao matching up with over the next 7-8 years or so, is the guy who should be starting at Center. Oh... and Caron Butler starting over Bosh? Give me a break.

8. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

We may need a team of Hitman :D

This guy Andrew Perna is even more stupid. His whole arguement was based on his pure imagination. He claimed Yao hasn't played in 30 of the 40+ Rockets games.

Why don't they even bother to at least do a bit fact checking before opening their mouth?

http://www.realgm.com/src_beyondthearc/76/20070129/rethinking_the_all_star_selection_process/

9. Laozi

Laozi Member

This guy takes the allstar game a little too serious.

10. 3d-homer

3d-homer Member

Opinions and a**holes, everyones got one, and they all stink.

11. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

I sent Mr. Hammond an email yesterday that was borderline calling him out but also gave him the option to explain his comments. I asked him if his comments on Yao were just because he was injured and could not continue his dominance. I pointed out and listed the stats of his competition, even though they are all fowards (Duncan, Amare, Dirk , KG, and Boozer). That there are no true centers that even come close to Yao.

Well he actually responded... and wrote:

"Hi Ryan, thanks for reading... And yes, the reason I wrote that about Yao is because he's played 27 games and hasn't played in more than a month. It suprises me that people continued to vote for him at such a high rate after it became clear that he couldn't play. Yao's numbers and his play, have been great. Next year, when he's healthy, I'll be in his corner.
    Thanks for the email...
    -Rich"

interseting...