1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did anyone else catch this?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by writhe, Jun 7, 2001.

Tags:
  1. writhe

writhe Member

"Given the fact that the NBA is proposing moving the date of that teams can sign free agents from August 1st to July 18th ... "

I found this at nbatalk.com.

Will Webber be a Rocket next month?

------------------
    I'd rather be MC Hammer than Nine Inch Nails

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

3. carlit0

carlit0 Member

nice find

------------------
    "Instinctly u recognize things,now take advantage of what u just recognized!".. Hakeem..

4. Dogbelly

Dogbelly Member

Would that go into effect this year?

------------------
    "If you don't understand it,
    don't try to understand it."
    -Carl Everett

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I wanted to raid this thread so that no one will accuse me of starting another Webber thread.

Quotes from SLAM and Inside Stuff (he's cover boy for both):

1. As he speaks, the naked soul of Chris Webber appears. Maligned but unmangled, shaken but unstirred. He steps outside of himself, only to guide his future. In other words, describing how he would guide Chris Webber. "I'd tell myself, don't make a decision and don't base everything you're about to do on what's happening now. I'd tell myself to look seven years ahead. I'd remind myself that this will probably be my last contract, so to make the decision on what will be best for me five, six, seven years down the road. I'd tell myself that my decision will not be a popular one, but to make sure it is done in the interest of your future. No one else's."
    He returns. Out of the third person. "Don't get me wrong," he says, making sure this writer doesn't get his words twisted. "It is a good situation to have the world on your back, carrying that load, being the [team] leader, but I don't want to be a Karl Malone if I'm not going to win championships."

2. SLAM: We've talked about this--you're a West Coast guy, right? Gotta be on a running team.
    WEBBER: Yeah. I definitely want to play on a team that can get up and down the floor, that plays a fast-breaking style, and that's what we do here, so it's been great here.

For whatever it's worth, if anything. Making up his own mind rather than letting others do so for him bodes well. Fast breaking bodes well. Looking at the future rather than the right now.

------------------

6. The Rocket Guy

Well, that quote just describe the Houston Rockets. It also described the Kings. If you look 7 years down the road, though, Webber has won a title or 2 in Houston. Franchise and Mobley will still be in their primes. In SAC, you just don't know. The team as it is now is not competitive in 7 years.

I still think his preferences are 1: SAC 2:NY 3:Houston

The Rocket Guy
    http://www.TheRocketGuy.com

"You try to improve and do better. It's a journey, not just the destination."
    - Hakeem Olajuwon

------------------

7. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

I think its NY-Hou-Sac. He's practically said he was going to leave already, and he doesn't like the town for some reason.

They won't be able to sign him and Christie, and I think Webber knows that. Without Christie, they have no perimeter defense, and its not like they have a lot now.

------------------