1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did anybody notice during halftime of Rockets-Lakers game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Oct 27, 2016.

1. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

tmac, billups and the feminist didnt mention that harden tied the team record for assists in a half with john lucas( WHO IS ON OUR STAFF). But during the first part of the doubleheader they were all over westbrooks nuts even when they were trailing the pathetic 76ers lol. ESPN didnt even get Harden for a halftime interview before he headed to the locker room

How did the beef between James Harden and ESPN start, which group of people run ESPN and the media. Is it his beard that Harden takes pride in that they want him to shave, whats their beef with Harden. And TMAC has let me down man, Harden does everything for this city that Mac didnt, Harden plays through sprained ankles, has gotten us out of the first round, and was robbed of MVP( thx again ESPN). Is TMAC jealous of Harden idk, but i can tell you they arent that close anymore which is sad. best guards to ever play for the franchise in my lifetime

Check this out

Amel, DonKnock and BigShasta like this.
  2. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

and rachel nichols the reason why Harden wasnt as fresh in the 4th quarter is because he was tired and had 5 fouls, you know he led the league in minutes played the last 2 years

so my question to rockets fans is knowing how important harden is to our team, would you let him go all out on defense and risk him getting in foul trouble and put him on the bench or would you let him freelance more like he has in the past when we still won WITHOUT dwight

#2 HardenTime, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    DonKnock and BigShasta like this.
  3. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

True fan. I noticed. We all have noticed. It's something we've lived with for the longest. When the halftime show comes on for any of these fake sport shows it gives me time to prepare for other things.

4. CertifiedTroll

Lawl did not watch but "the feminist"

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

it's okay because we know and so does everyone else that their NBA coverage is the worst. By far the worst pre-game, haltime, post-game show out there. It's so sad and pathetic watching them try too hard to be hip, funny, edgy, it's super cringe.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

They'd love him if he was in LA or NY.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

All I got from that clip is that Rachel has chunky arms.

ESPN sucks

So far, so do the rockets.

Nook likes this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

ESPN hates the Rockets starting with Nichols and Beadle.

DonKnock likes this.
  9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

It's sooooo odd. But expected at this point. Svg has our back doe

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Stan?

11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lol ****

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

i think he meant Steve.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What did Lowe say? it cuts off after Chauncey.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Life is better when you mute the TV during halftime, unless the game is on Root.

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

no assists in the 4th......that's because players didn't hit shots, you need team mates to hit shots to have assists

16. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

It really is disappointing. I don't want to get into this "media-hates-houston" mindset, but it truly is frustrating when Harden is being absolutely incredible and he gets ignored for a less interesting story. You would think a guy having a night like Harden was would be talked about once. it sucks. and when they do mention it it's always a back handed compliment. "Harden with 12 points and 9 assists in the first time quarter whIle Houston allows 38 first quarter points." idk man. is it fair? I think it's fair to be harped on defense, but the thing is that it's always the Rockets who get called out for their bad defense when there are also plenty of other bad defensive teams or players. I mean why not get on the Lakers for allowing 38 too?

I just wish that all teams were treated equally. It truly does suck. especially when former players get on it as well. McGrady keeps on going to "look at what I did in Orlando that one year!" which year? the one you won 44 games? 42? 43 wins? what did you do, man?

James does so much for this team and all he does is get slapped with criticism. like James goes to the bench and the Rockets start struggling and you got posters on here saying, "see, this is the problem! we rely on James too much! we need to change the way we play and not play Harden ball anymore." Yeah, like it's Harden's fault the bench calls for Ennis to handle the ball. it's ridiculous.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Beadle's white femininst sensibilities are clearly offended by Hardens strength and masculinity in particular his beard. She much prefers Curry who plays in ball pits and sings in corny musicals or her San Antonio team that "plays the right way" aka have zero personality.

Not sure what the deal is with the the former players.

But most of the lower level ESPN basketball people have began to change their tune about Harden(NBA Lockdown, TrueHoop TV) LeBatard and Bomani are shifting their narrative slightly too.

18. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

thats the thing, most of the nba players jared dudley, scalabrine, anthony davis, lillard, blake griffin love james harden and recgonize his greatness. I just wanna know how this beef got started between harden and espn, because nobody at espn rails on correa, or altuve when they were struggling, or the texans when they get blown out by a rookie qb. Its always a hate fest for harden, and outside of jj watt, he is the best talent in this city. Its crazy and makes no sense. I could understand if guys like demarcus cousins, hassan whiteside, and westbrook were hated by espn those guys rack up technical fouls in record numbers. But here is a fun fact, since James harden was traded to Houston in 2013, he has only recieved 2 TECHNICAL FOULS.. crazy. the first one was againist the grizzlies in 2014, and the 2nd was a double tech when harden accidently kicked lebron in the groin( he was suspended for that too), his only suspension of his career.

So Harden doesnt get in trouble off the court or on the court, so whats the deal. I have my reasons but i want to hear others opinion

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do like the actress Rachel Nichols though.

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

srs what is the deal? its like they watch him in a parallel universe where he sucks. do they even know he had 17asts? if curry has 5 assists they show all of them about 10 times lol. harden should be a huge ******* when he has to do anything espn related. agree to interviews but dont say ****, just be liek "yeah w/e" "sure why not?" "cuz he a b****" "oh **** i spilled the water"