1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dick Justice: What to do with McGrady now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

There are not facts in there at all. It is just a blog full of opinions of someone who barely watches the games.

2. J-Wood

J-Wood Member

Maybe youre right!!! We will soon see, at this point I am just ready for the team to make a decision so we can move forward with less distractions.

3. J-Wood

J-Wood Member

EXACTLY, I totally agree

4. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

Maybe you are right.

But I look at all of this and ask myself: "What makes more sense?"

Does it make more sense that Mac is suddenly a team-first guy who is sitting back and taking all of this in stride...to do what is 'best for the team'...when he has rarely done that his entire career?

Or does it make more sense that a player who has a history of being a pouter and a malcontent is now continuing to be a pouter and a malcontent?

I agree that Justice isn't the best writer in the world, but that doesn't make his reporting inaccurate.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Very well written article! Given McGrady's history, cant argue with any of it.

6. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

All I know if I'm sick and tired of it from both sides as well. I actually turned off the game last night at halftime b/c I was just sick of it. I want to know the direction of the team. I want it to be decided (as much as is reasonable). TMac no TMac, whatever.

I will say this, I'm tired of watching AB commit turnovers thinking he can drive in 1 on 5, Ariza having the type of shooting games that Tracy would have from time to time, except Ariza does it on a nightly basis. I miss our inside presence (Yao) terribly.

I maybe the minority in this, but I don't buy into the team identity is a bunch of hardworking overachievers. A team identity to me is the 1-2 players that make that team what it is. Right now, Landry and AB is that? Doesn't exactly give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I know, I'm a party pooper, debbie downer, whatever.

I guess the point is, I've become increasingly annoyed with the whole thing, and somehow I don't even want to watch the games anymore, and The Rockets are supposed to be one of the most exciting teams to watch? Maybe I should get my head checked, I don't know.

7. J-Wood

J-Wood Member

Totally Agree!!!

8. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

As much as I hate T-Mac (and I hate the bag of crap) I do wonder just how good they could be with him taking some of Arizia's mins? We did win 22 in a row with him in the line up! I just do not think we can get anything for him in a trade. Hopefully we pull something out!

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So he interviewed both Adelman and McGrady and got their definitive response on this or is it his speculation that this is how it went down?

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Well he couldn't call it like that if it was speculation, he had to talk to someone to get his facts right.

Either way, ask him yourself if you want to know.

DD

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Sure he can. He didn't write anything libelous. After all, he also wrote that McGrady had no allies on the team. Do you think that is factual or his perception. Do you think that every single player on the team would tell a sports writer that they are not an ally of McGrady?

You are the one insisting that Justice's article is factual, otherwise he couldn't write it. There are at least a few places in that article where it would be very difficult to claim as facts (rather than perception/speculation).

Note that I am not saying Justice's speculation in this case isn't accurate. I suspect that (most if not all of) the team, front office and staff are tired of him. Also, I am not afraid of being sued by the Rockets' for saying so even though I have no facts to back it up.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You guys crack me up.

You'd rather give Tracy McGrady, a quitter, malcontent, egotistical fool the benefit of the doubt rather than believe something that a sports writer and Yahoo Sports would report?

He's done just face it, I don't see any of the "oh Tracy will come back and show you guys that he's our savior!" posters. Even with the limited minutes if he was really back we would have shown it. He won't ever be back to "Elite Status" and if that's what he considers elite... than, Houston we have a huge problem.

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You are picking out the opinion bits like I said they were facts, just stick to the things that are not opinion, like him leaving etc....

Those are verifiable.....

DD

14. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Verifiable how exactly?

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Asking Richard if he talked to anyone directly?

I don't know....you guys seem to be the ones doubting it.......

DD

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This is pathetic.

McGrady is gone, finished, outta here and we still have people that would rather nitpick lines out of sports reports rather than look at the reality and accept it.

17. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

So they're verifiable but they haven't been verified and you're unsure as to how they could be verified. I see. You make more sense by the day

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

No, I believe that he could not write down things as facts unless they were verifiable, otherwise the newspaper could be sued by an injured party like Tmac, if he was making stuff up about him.

The Chronicle is not just an internet blog, they have standards of reporting to adhere to, which protects their company.

Since you do not believe that, go ahead and ask him yourself.

DD

19. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Someone has to be willing to give up what Morey wants to accept for him first. I said it a while back that the team and McGrady needed to kiss and make up, because I sincerely think he can still be a player.

Elite? long shot, but a solid starter, yes. Maybe the Rockets don't want to wait, or have lost belief that he can help them to a championship.

I just wonder what they think they'll get in return that will give them a better chance.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Thanks.

"He was a Dick. Now he gets Justice.

Tracy McGrady

Rick Adelman

in...

Dick Justice.
    In theaters Janary 10, 2010."​

1 person likes this.