1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Diamonds in the Rough

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by coachbadlee, Jan 17, 2013.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

CJ McCollum: The Total Package Player

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/omY6v5jJIjw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maybe a little too high for us in the draft, but anything can happen.

2. sydmill

sydmill Member

CJ would be great if we could somehow get a pick in the mid teens. I also like bj young. Another Arkansas guard to give PBev some company.

3. smr6

smr6 Member

What do you guys think of PJ Hairston?

Neither Draftexpress or nbadraft.net have him entering this years draft, and both have him as a second round pick next year. However, this kid has been on fire offensively the past two months. Shoots 38% from 3 as well.

If he did for some reason enter this draft he may be available with our Suns pick.

I admittedly don't know much about him as I haven't had a chance to watch much, so I'm sure there is a reason why two of the main draft sites see it the same way.

So anyone who knows more please weigh in and let me know.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

CJ won't be available mid 1st, watch his stock rise.

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

Agreed with everything you said. He's underrated as a scorer and he plays smart on defense. Would be a great fit next to Harden.

6. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

If we make the playoffs the 1st round pick goes to Atlanta. But we have Phoenix's 2nd round pick from the Morris trade which should be high and I'm sure Morey will manipulate his way into the first round because every big man on this team is trade bait.

7. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

IMO, I think Morey is going to trade his way into the first round (assuming the Rockets make the playoffs) and draft a big man. He's going to keep trying till he gets it right...

8. eman

eman Contributing Member

I hope we give our youngster PFs more time to grow. This draft: Oladipo!

9. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

We would have to do a pretty significant trade to land Oladipo. (Unless he drops from injury or his girlfriend dies from leukemia only to end up being a guy.)

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Pretty much any player slated to go in the 1st round is a dream at the moment. Hopefully Morey can trade into the 1st. If not, there are still some quality role players in the 2nd.

11. CertifiedTroll

Trade of Lin, bring in Smart.

12. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

We already have Patric Young under contract for a couple years, but his name is Thomas Robinson and he is light years ahead of Patric Young as far as development, agility, on-court IQ, plus he has a year of NBA experience already and has already been through one of the most difficult things a young player can face, being traded by the team that drafted you, especially brutal if it happens during your rookie year at the beginning of which you were a Top-5 draft pick. TRob is a much better prospect than Patric Young will ever be. Young was all potential. Young hasnt made any significant progress since he was a breakout freshman for the Gators. Young hasnt improved noticably since he first got to Florida. I vote for SG/SF help in the draft if we are to buy some picks this year.

13. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Erick Green. Highest PPG @25.4, good bball IQ and size (6'3"). Decent ball distributor. Good combo guard.

14. darmor90

darmor90 Member

After watching the national title game, this Peyton Siva pg looks like a Morey pick. Here's the dude's stats (pardon the skew):

SEASON TEAM MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS

2012-13 LOU 31.1 3.4-8.4 .404 1.0-3.3 .292 2.0-2.4 .859 2.3 5.7 0.2 2.2 2.6 2.7 9.8

He's a stat stuff who gets into the paint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0WEnvgEXO4

He's also a junior, a Morey theme late draft picks.

Guy has potential to be JJ Barea and 2/5th of Derrick Rose; whatever that would be.

15. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

nah SIva's a senior. Either way, He's just way too small and as good as he looked today, he's remarkably inconsistent. I mean I remember a game where he went scoreless the entire way.

3rd string PG right now. His jumper is also non-existent, at least Barea is a threat from 3, Siva needs a J.

16. darmor90

darmor90 Member

JJ Barea didn't have a three when he first came to the NBA. But I think above all the stats, his poise is probably his best attribute.

17. jvu

jvu Member

Not buying jamaal Franklin.. I can't forget his horrendous 32% FG for a month..

I recommend My non-lottery sleeper picks - kentavious pope Caldwell, Archie griffin, Doug McDermott, and gougui deing

18. HorneR

HorneR Member

Think I'd rather take a shot on one of the undersized, albeit incredibly talented guards. Maybe Larkin or Pierre Jackson.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If we're talking about second round picks to UDFA's, I will throw a couple names out there:

1. Michael Snaer, SG FSU - all the athleticism in the world, he's able to penetrate almost at will at the collegiate level and he possesses a good outside shot to boot. He reminds me of Jermaine in build and Florida background, but he has much more court vision (to be fair, Taylor had none, he was tunnel vision in a bottle worse than JR Smith) and he also has the capacity to become a great defender at that spot. His last quality are intangibles; he hit soooo many buzzer beaters during his career at FSU, and he was their floor general pretty all four years despite playing SG.

2. Ryan Kelly, PF Duke - I know he played bad in the tournament and also comes with an injury history, but seriously, how valuable are stretch four's in the current NBA game today? Pretty valuable, definitely draftable I'll tell you that. He's got a Novak-esque shot with much much more mobility, and just watch the MSU Sweet Sixteen game if you want to see how much of an impact he actually had defensively. What I'm saying is that he WILL be picked up by some team in the NBA, and he'll be picked up to play the role of a stiff when in fact he is much better athletically than a stiff. He could easily have a place on our team.

20. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

If we don't pick up Erick Green, this guy looks like he'd be a nice pickup in the 2nd round (Mike Muscala).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OtGdt51d96A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>