1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dewayne Dedmon?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Jul 4, 2016.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

u better not **** with dewayne or youll become a DEDMON DEDMON!

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Dedmon is a good player but don't come in here with a 12/4 highlight video for your A-HA post !!

hahaha You gotta come stronger than that bro. I think he'll have better games than this in the near future.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

From what I saw from that game, Dedmon is the same old usual self. Typically misses easy bunnies at the basket and can't catch a pass with his stone hands. We will see if the Spurs manage to change his attitude. I think the above video tells more about the GSW's horrible depth at C than Dedmon himself.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not a full A-HA video, just a HMM video lol

He has the physical talents you can't teach and shows enough strong effort so that he can't be a lost cause..and this is after he got paid. Teams want those quick centers now, but what does that usually mean? Small centers..this guy has quickness AND is a 7 footer. Hew's faster than Clint, at least going north and south. Might be a better shot blocker and possibly even a better rebounder. 20 MPG, 7.5 rebs and 3 blocks...There's more there than what Malakas is suggesting..

the video is against the kings, not GS :D

#105 RV6, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    RudyTBag likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"No team would want as their main backup C"

Except the Spurs?

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-spurs-dewayne-dedmon-opts-free-agency-163844482.html

San Antonio Spurs center Dewayne Dedmon will decline his $3 million player option for next season and become an unrestricted free agent, league sources told The Vertical.

Dedmon, one of the top available centers this summer, averaged 17.5 minutes, 5.1 points and 6.5 rebounds in 76 games this season. Dedmon also started 37 regular-season games and three playoff games.

The 7-foot Dedmon will command a market as an active rim protector and reliable starter. He signed a two-year, $6 million deal with the Spurs last offseason.​

Vivi likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You just described Erick Dampier.

I'm not interested and neither with the Rockets. Morey doesn't like those kinds of players.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Morey was interested in Dedmon per Codman I believe. And I also remember us trying to sign Dampier as well.

HTX Ninja likes this.
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Glad this basketball thing is working out for him, but if not, Dedmon has a future in professional wrestling as the Jamaican Undertaker.

11. CallMeTheDream

Dedmond is the perfect compliment to Capela. Full 48 min of rim protection and gives Nene the rest he needs. We dump Rhyno and Lou, sign Patty Mills, Dedmon, and Jamychal Green. Trade Dekker and Harrell for Robert Covington. Have no clue if we have the money for this but it looks sick on paper. Ibaka and Millsap are nice but this fills more holes and creates more threats. Huge defensive and rebounding upgrade.

Bev/ Patty
    Harden/ Gordon
    Covington/ Ariza
    Green/Ariza/Qi/Wiltjer
    Capela/Dedmon/Nene

12. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Id rather take a flier on Mcgee in all honesty.... he fits what we wants from our Center perfectly.

The only problem with him is the unkown factor of weather he can can continue the same production even if his minutes are extended

13. CallMeTheDream

Lol McGee is only on a roster because the Warriors were capped out and needed a 7 footer. He's on a team with 5 other all stars he doesn't have to do much to look good. Dedmon is a way better rebounder.

14. Lightsnowaction

If Pop stopped playing Dedmon against us after Game 1 and against GSW, then I will pass on him, unless he gets Nene $.

15. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Mcgee is a way better finisher, blocker...he has ressurected his career imo.
    He doesent look good just because he playes in GS, he has been playin pretty good ball, way above average when he is in. His reputation still hinders peoples opinion on him and it seems to have done the same with you. Anyone who has seen the playoffs or him in the regular season can see he is a difference maker when he is in there

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Coach Dan Tony don't want no Dedmon, he wants Alive-mon.

J.R. likes this.
  17. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Jeebus creepus, when will i come upon a deadman, ericka and mcphee in one thread again.

18. CallMeTheDream

Not a WAY better finisher only by 3%. Our issues are with rebounding and Dedmon is better at that plus he's still good at altering shots around the bucket. Not sure I can call playing 10 minutes a game resurrecting his career. All his per 36 numbers look hella inflated because of that. He'll get a nice dunk every now and then because the opposing team is trying to double and triple team Curry and Durant. Lol its nothing he's doing for himself.

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Shopping in the discount bin again i see. Spurs are looking at Chris Paul. Warriors have an allstar team. Cleveland has the best player on earth. We just keep on wasting Harden's prime years. Disgusting!

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

McGee's IQ and immaturity is something that scares me, Houston doesn't really need any more of those two on nor off court. For that reason, plus age and defensive rebounding, I'd rather go with Dedmon. That being said McGee would fill a need if we part with Nene.

IMO it comes down to if Nene would re-sign for the room exception again. If he does you can't really beat the value of that deal with it allowing us to spend all of our cap elsewhere. If Nene demands more then the room exception, I think you take a hard look at guys like Dedmon, Len, Mejri, McGee, Bogut and Baynes who could fill our defensive rebounding and rim protection needs significantly better then Nene can, plus (outside of Bogut) are younger/healthier which should allow them to play more games/minutes then Nene is capable of at this point in his career.

In an ideal world, we would sign or trade for a PF who can shoot, get defensive rebounds, protect the rim and can play some center, while at the same time retaining Nene with the room exception. But that description basically means Ibaka or bust.

#120 ThatBoyNick, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017