1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dewayne Dedmon?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Jul 4, 2016.

1. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

We neeed to get this guy, young, plenty of upside. Look like he is EXACTLY what we need, athletic shotblocker and alley oop finisher

Caveat being: I had never heard of him before last week and have never watched him play :p

2. malakas

malakas Member

I never thought I would ever see two people fighting over who is better between Ekpe and Dedmon. :eek::grin:
    Two almost scrubs that no team would want to be their main backup Cs , one is too soft and the other is too lazy and foul machine. XD

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol it was more about the guy calling Epke a better rebouder then Dedmon, which is false in every sense.

As for our C position, I believe we need a starting caliber center. I love Capela but he's a question mark right now and thats a risk I wouldn't take going into next season. So yeah Dedmon/Udoh wouldn't be ideal, both are 3rd stringers.

At this point though we don't have many other options. We have total holes at our PG/C positions and little cap room left. Morey has standed pat while a lot of good names went off the board, I hope he has somethint up his sleeve because this team looks like a disaster.

4. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

Capela hasn't improved and will likely never develop a jump shot. He's a also a lot FT shooter which makes him a liability offensively. Dedmon can at least shoot FT's and has good lateral quickness to defend and block shots. He's athletic enough to get some ally-oops and play well in transition, something needed in MDA' s offense. I say sit him up

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think Dedmon is dead to us now that we have Nene. ;)

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He could still be intriguing going forward...no guarantee Clint develops as we hope...plus, if nene gets hurt (likely), we'll be stuck with one center again.

7. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Yeah Nene is the 'now' but Dewayne Dedmon may be a cheap D. Jordan light we can get for the long term.

8. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Capela hasn't improved?
    Not true...

9. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

I like this guy's potential but sure where we can fit his minutes...Very humble and respectful guy

Crazy that he's only been playing since he was 18 yrs old; So I without doubt feel he has a ton of growth to do

10. dream2franchise

Consider the source, but...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Warriors and center Dewayne Dedmon are still engaged in contract talks, according to sources. Golden State likes him as a rim protector.</p>&mdash; Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/750870180587249664">July 7, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Free agent center Dewayne Dedmon has agreed to a two-year, $6 million deal with the San Antonio Spurs, league sources tell The Vertical.</p>&mdash; Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/751067206977478656">July 7, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

He ded mon to us now.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Once we got Hilario there was no need.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

That's a pretty awesome deal for the Spurs considering the LOL money a stiff like Mozgov got.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, they like Dedmon more than Boban.

17. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

Nice job keeping the Spurs machine running..and getting younger in the process

OUT: Timmy (retire?) & Boban & Diaw (Stretch 4/5)
    IN: Pau & Dedmon & David Bertrans (Euro stretch 4)

Pau
    Aldridge
    Kawhi
    Green
    Parker + adding a promising 19-year old backup in the draft.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Boba got $21 million over 3 years. The Spurs weren't going to pay a backup center that.

19. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

yeah Detroit crazy to throw that much $, Dedmon at least had more action on the court than Boban.

Rockets management usually rather go with cheap proven but old veteran free agents instead of younger but higher potential ones.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

that's huge for SA..they want size to go after GS.