1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeVos Funded Chaos in Michigan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Apr 15, 2020.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. I know there is no election for media. But I would like to see an extremely well funded group putting out constant ads showing societal trolling done by the conservative talk show hosts, and FOX that you mentioned.

It sadly wouldn't happen. It would have to be funded more than any presidential campaign since the ads and information release would be ongoing, not targeted to certain states and districts, and likely involve lots of law suits. In addition, no donors would get a direct benefit. But all of us would receive a huge benefit to the nation. In this case it might even save lives.

The problem now is that when people put out the Youtube compilations showing the idiocy and recklessness of those media outlets it's largely digested only by people who already agree.

Another thing, I hate about the 'Liberate' protesters is they are potentially making it more difficult for the rest of us in ways other than our own health. I would much prefer to not be in quarantine. I would love for my friends to be able to have jobs again. But these types of protests could potentially slow that process down and keep me on lock-down for even longer.

I know the attendance at these things has been very small. I hope that it is small enough to limit the damage.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Totally. The right wing is a machine.

But it makes sense. If you are shrinking demographically, and in a world where power was shifting even more to the cities and a global view, what choice did the right have?

To hold onto power they had to find a way to appeal to other groups. One would have hoped they would have become more moderate, but instead, it was to double down: become even more radical and use disinformation to manipulate people.

3. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Fiat is not successful in the US of A and any mechanic knows why. They pulled out a long time ago and are about to pull out again. Chrysler is notoriously shiiiiit... https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/21/fia...-is-it-time-to-pull-the-plug-on-us-again.html https://www.motorbiscuit.com/fiat-chrysler-vehicles-that-rank-worst-in-reliability/
    I'm sorry dude... If you think otherwise be my guest. Tell your whole ****in' family and friends to buy their shiiiit. It's makes the brands mechanics and most educated consumers prefer cheaper....

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

If the very medical professionals that are caring for your sick family and friends is standing up to your protest... perhaps you should choose a different protest...

Blatz, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That's awesome

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

The Virginia republican party has moved off far into the fringe, thanks to trump...

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

The trump supporters in PA had free time to get together...

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The nurses are awesome.

vlaurelio and RayRay10 like this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is why redistricting and the judiciary is so important. If we look at the totals coming out of elections, both Presidential and Mid Term, the last decade I don't think the GOP have gotten a majority of the total national vote since 2010. Republicans learned the lesson after the Warren Court changed much of the country for a generation even during the Reagan era. They know that even with Electoral College and friendly Congressional Districts things will change but a young Conservative judges can still shape things for decades.

Nook, FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I consider that man a hero but I also fear how easy it would be for the driver of that truck to hit the accelerator.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

13. NewRoxFan

Who woulda thunk?

KENTUCKY REPORTS HIGHEST CORONAVIRUS INFECTION INCREASE AFTER A WEEK OF PROTESTS TO REOPEN STATE
    https://www.newsweek.com/kentucky-r...ease-after-week-protests-reopen-state-1498835

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

RayRay10 and Blatz like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Yet fox news will be stirring up more rabble rousers...

Fauci warns protests will 'backfire,' slow economic recovery
    https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...ests-against-against-stay-at-home-orders-will

16. NewRoxFan

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL wut? cold blooded murder ain't easy

Invisible Fan likes this.
  18. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

19. NewRoxFan

sean davis and the federalist getting fact-checked...

B-Bob, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

DeWine has also been dealing with protest too and by Trump supporters. That image of MAGA hat wearing protesters pressed against a glass door is from Columbus, OH.

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.