1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Devin Booker 2015 NBA Draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Harden2Dwight, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

Was just watching some highlights of him this season...good lord he can shoot the rock. If he comes out this year I think we should give him a look at pick 14. Dude is perfect for our offense and what we want to run. I see JJ Redick in him. Instant offense off the bench

2. TheBeard

TheBeard Member

reminds me of klay

3. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

I was gonna say Klay as well but you know how obnoxious some people on this site are when you give a freshman in college comparisons to all stars. LOL

4. Wibie

Wibie Member

With the Pelicans pick, nbadraft.net lists us at the 14th spot in the draft. They are predicting that the Rockets will pick Devin Booker a 6-6 SG from Kentucky anyone got any info on this guy. Is he any good? Will he fit in with the Rockets?
    Let me know who you think the Rockets should take in the draft. :)

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If you play the ESPN lottery they have us picking Frank Kaminsky every single time. I seriously doubt Morey has eyes for Kaminsky.

6. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

he reminds me of klay. but i haven't watched kentucky that much

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

They are just ranking prospects, not making predictions on what a team will pick. Which is why they have the Twolves picking Russell, despite clearly not needing a PG (Rubio, LaVine), and the fact that on their board they have Okafor going #3.

I think at some point close to the draft they do change to reflect team needs and what they actually think a team will select.... not sure.

It's strange they moved Karl Townes to #1 recently... I haven't seen anything form him to merit a positioning above Okafor... but who knows.

If DM wants to keep picking up power forwards, Bobby Portis would be an interesting potential sleeper of a pick...

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

because of his skin color?

9. i3artow i3aller

How many Devin Booker threads are there?
    [​IMG]

10. basketballholic

I seriously believe that if Kaminsky is on the board when we pick and we can't get a trade done that we'll pick him. Don't know why we wouldn't. He's exactly what we want at the 4 alongside Dwight.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Many have him as the best shooter in the draft. I'd take him.

12. newAge_Rockets

I think we already have the PF we want next to Dwight on the roster. With PatBev's impending free agency where he'll become overpaid and JET's age I see us drafting the best PG/combo guard available (whether the Rockets believe that to be Booker, Grant, Dunn or Wright)

13. Progs

Progs Member

Kevin Martin 3.0

14. lionaire

lionaire Member

Please no to Brad Miller 2.0

15. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We already have D-Mo?

Both 7 footers that can shoot 3s. Both are bad to average rebounders. Both are average to above average defensively. Both have a post up game.

Wait, why should we draft him again?

16. basketballholic

He's going to be a very good pro, especially if he gets lined up at the 4 alongside a dominant defensive 5.

17. awc713

awc713 Member

Kaminsky is going to be a very good pro. We would be silly not to take him @14. But this is a moot issue because Morey is trading the pick.

18. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

haha that too. but from the 6 or 7 games i've watched of them this year, he is a great shooter (beautiful form), usually stays in front of his man on D (kinda slow laterally and not too strong), and has the ability to somewhat take his man off the dribble. he's not a freak athlete, but he has decent size at 6'6 and makes up for a lack of athleticism with unselfish and smart basketball plays.

19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Karl Towns will be the better player.

20. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Disagree. I think Okafor's game translates better at the NBA level - and that's on top of being the better college player. Give me Okafor over Towns any day of the week.