1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Development In Houston or China for that matter

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Voice of Reason, Mar 7, 2008.

1. The Voice of Reason

Hey so I've been gone forever and just came back here once to ask a question about China, but I willl never forget clutchcity.

I am always interested in development, and construction projects going on around the country. I'ts easy to find out a lot of whats going on, but The primary web site I use "urban planet . org" does not have much recent news on Houston. It is filled with condo projects from 2006 that I can only assume dried up with the real estate bust.

I was wondering if anyone around here was still into that kind of thing? I know there used to be a few members quite involved. Anyhoo I was hoping to see what projects were still being developed, and such in and around Houston. Heck most of texas for that matter. Texas has some of the best cities in America as far as development projects coming along.

this link has many projects, but it not recent http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/Future-Houston-Projects-t10564.html
    anyone have any news on these projects, or maybe even construction photos?

How about China as well. I know that country is building like mad! I was hoping to go there for the Olympics but its just too expensive so I wont get to see it in person.

oh and if that link needs to be deleted, thats fine. I read and post on that site, I am not advertizing or anything.

Oh and the new MLS stadium. how do Houstonites feel about the location and costs etc?

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

3. BALLhog 247 365

skyscraperpage.com <-- u.s.
    skyscrapercity.com <-- rest of the world (and a little u.s.)

4. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

I vote this the most confusing thread title of the year. I have no idea what the thread is about until I read the starting post. :p

5. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

All I know is people make huge money buying houses in China then reselling or leasing them after development of the town.

6. The Voice of Reason

Well I would edit it but for the life of me I do not understand this new (to me) format.

Skyscraper page and skyscraper city are both ok, but I do not care for the content there. I find Urban planet much more detailed and informative. I think its because there are more industry professionals on board. That first link jayZ provided is good though.

Anyone here know more about the MLS stadium plans? or really developments around the stadium.? because I can get stadium info from bigsoccer.