1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Developers want some, Too!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/6177048.html

Everyone wants a peice!

Question - why not give it to the people
    If people get the money
    they spend it . . . ON THEIR CARS .. ON THEIR HOUSES
    and put it in FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS

Rocket River

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not surprising as commercial real estate was going crazy a few years ago and has really tanked recently. Unfortunately for my business this is really starting to hit the architecture market hard and several firms that I have worked with are laying people off.

3. AGBee

AGBee Member

Time to load up on SRS.

4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

The only problem I have with this article is it is talking about loans coming due in 1-3 years. A LOT can happen to an economy in 1-3 years (heck, we just saw what could happen in 4 months!). It is entirely possible that by the time a lot of this money comes due, the economy will have turned around and credit will be rolling again.

5. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

yeah!

plus i need to get my hair did.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hair Places stopped paying taxes???
    People working at those places stopped contributing to the economy??

If you trying to intimate it is frivolous spended welll
    700 Billion just went out to 'business men' who evidently were spending like drunken sailors. .. and we gave them more money

so
    tell . . what are you trying to say?

Rocket River
    Alot of 'fiscal conservatives' and staunch anti-welfare folx seem to be in Washington with their hats in hand looking for a HAND OUT!

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Of all the fields asking for a bailout, I'm not especially angry/annoyed at these guys. Their pain is especially real, will have a major effect on the economy, and more uniquely, is not a problem of their own making. Their problem is a direct result of the collapse of the credit institution.

Still, who DIDN'T see this coming when TARP was being rushed through? Kudos to our elected officials for landing us in this horrific mess of a rolling snow ball. How long until the airlines are knocking on the doors?

...and meanwhile, the Yankees add another $180M to their payroll.

Evan

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

How is it not their making? They're the ones who overbuilt.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Just to clarify, a commercial real estate mortgage usually has a term of five years, but is usually amortized over 15 years. so in a normal credit climate, the loan is just refinanced, extended or however you want to look at it. but technically it is due after five years. now with the credit crunch, these guys might have to pay the balance of the loans when they come due, there is no financing capacity.