1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Devastating news: Russia freer than the US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by GladiatoRowdy, May 15, 2004.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about your health concerns, honestly.

So you are a professor?

2. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

That cleared up, to what did "etc" refer? I have gotten the impression that you somehow questioned my credentials on previous occassions, though I was at a loss as to why, but you just nore implied there was more...so, come on, out with it.

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Let's really clear this one up first :).

So you hold the title of a Professor?

4. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Yes. yes. Yes. I have answered this several times. I do not have tenure, and ( long story) my route was exceptional, aided by people who thought my abilities warrented extraordinary measures, ( he says fully aware of what you will try and make of that, but there it is) coupled with the needs of a particular sphere. Again, I am getting much more particular that I want, but aagin, yes.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No need to get defensive and so excited that the spelling completely goes out the window (hope you don't do that when you correct stuff from your students :)). I was just curious.

Anyway, apologies to andymoon for derailing the thread. I think we should stop here with doing that. MacBeth, if you have further questions, feel free to e-mail me and I will be happy to try to answer.

6. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Maybe the two of you need a thread dedicated to your animosity.

Or a quiet room with soft music playing and candles burning.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

:D

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

SJC, why on earth would he want to do that? I wouldn't, not after all this. Chill, dude.

We all have "real" lives that we lead. Some of us are more open about what we do than others. Some have damn good reasons not to be open about our lives, either because of what we do, or perhaps because of what our spouses/partners do. Some of us like to discuss things of interest and tell true stories that we don't get a chance to do in "real life" because that life has strictures and boundaries that preclude it. And some of us are lousy spellers who don't want to bother running posts through a spellcheck before they put them here. It's a pain that slows you down. Who cares?

And some folks here have let slip some of that real life away from the Net and have had it thrown in their face by someone with an agenda. Do you honestly think you are promoting honesty and openness here? Truly?

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Deckard, all I was saying was that we should probably not continue this discussion here as it has nothing to do with the thread. If you go back in the thread, I started with an admittedly short post about the subject at hand, and then it all got derailed, and the whole subject of MacBeth was not even brought up by me in this thread. I appreciate yours and Batman Jones' concern for MacBeth, though ;).

#69 AroundTheWorld, May 16, 2004
    Last edited: May 16, 2004
  10. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Yeah, after I posted I noted that I should have started with the Nobel Laureates, but figured that anyone with an even slightly open mind would read past the first few.

11. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

This is your brain:

[​IMG]

This is your brain on drugs:

[​IMG]

Please, just say no.

12. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

More tired cliches?

Whatever.