1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Devastated...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketsMac, Apr 12, 2008.

1. astros148

astros148 Member

ill keep him in my prayers sorry for your loss

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very sorry for your loss. I understand the frustration that this happened.

Try and focus only on the loss and your grief. Honor your friend, and keep his family alive. Don't let your fond feelings for your friend and his memory get diluted with undo effort into placing blame.

Remember his life, and the good things about him that you knew.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I'm glad the mods deleted Fatty's post in this thread.

4. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

guys, thank you very much for the kind words... It really means a lot to me. it makes me really proud to be part of this great community called clutchfans.. it really means a lot when a bunch of people that you don't know provide this kind of support in a depressing thread instead of just ignoring it and going to the picture thread to see some Jessica Alba GIFs.. thank you, really, thank you..

and as for Meowgi, I understand your attention whoring and egotistical personality, and I applaud you for your willingness to come in and say the kind stuff that you said about my buddy.. but, just a little something for you to remember, never judge based on what you hear. if it was any other person of the group that jumped with Vince that died, I would've probably felt bad for them, really bad, but I would also understand that they made a dumb decision by jumping into the pool without knowing how to swim.. BUT I KNOW VINCE, I really know him, the guy wouldn't do something like that.. Chances are, a high level athlete who excelled at soccer and had a 230+ max bench would know how to swim.. and knowing Vincent, he would never, and I mean never, jump into 12 feet of water if he didn't know how to swim..

I am calling B.S on the story if they say he "didn't know how to swim".. he wasn't your typical arrogant egotistical high school student who was just trying to pass his way through high school and become a drug dealer.. the guy had all AP classes except for this physics class, the guy had 2 scholarships, the guy was smart, mature, and strong. He was the ultimate competitor, he tried to learn about everything and be the best at it to the best of his ability.

this leaves us with 3 choices:

1. he knew how to swim, jumped in, but something went wrong and he passed out right when he hit the water (a knee in the back of the neck from other people jumping would've done it), this resulted in him inhaling water and filling his lungs up => stayed at the bottom of the pool and drowned quitely

2. he didn't know how to swim, but was pushed in.. he panics, takes water in, and goes to the bottom of the pool. very unlikely since it would be much noisier and people tend to notice it.. this would also negate the police report which says that no pushing was involved, and Vince never emerged after jumping in..

once again, no way the guy jumps voluntary without knowing how to swim, he's way too mature and rational than that..

and Meowgi, I think you isolating yourself in shame and maybe giving some thought for his family would be an appropriate action for you to take after the embarrassing thoughtless remarks you made.. and I don't expect another reply from you to this thread as this might require a ban request to clutch which I know for a fact that several people would agree with me that you're not adding anything of substance to this bbs..

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Maybe the barrage of boats was in the way?

I don't know. It was probably just a very tragic accident.

6. armyman7894

armyman7894 Member

Well this rules out the he was "pushed in theory" and the he was "knocked out by someones knee theory." I'm pretty sure the cops would've seen it on the camera. And it looks like he couldn't swim because he was in "distress" as soon as he hit the water according to that report.

My bet is he figured swimming shouldn't have been that hard since it doesn't look very hard at all and just jumped in as well figuring he could make it out easily.

Have you ever seen your buddy swim or heard accounts of him swimming?

7. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Thought and prayers to the family

yeah, i swear i replied to that.

8. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

No, I haven't seen him swim, and no, I don't know for a fact if he could swim or not.. all I know is, he wouldn't just jump if he didn't know how to swim..

and let's say he went crazy and got mysterious courage and did it..

he wouldn't just sink to the bottom like a rock and never emerge.. when I was about 10, in my swimming class, I was in the act of drowning and I swallowed a ton of water, but I would go down, then come up flailing my arms and screaming at the top of my lungs.. the whole pool noticed.. and my trainer jumped in after about 2 minutes and got me out, but I was perfectly OK, and I was 10, that's right, 10.. I know it from 1st hand experience, you don't just jump in and not come up, even if you swallowed water.. this should completely rule out the "he didn't know how to swim" thing.. because even if he didn't, he wouldn't have just sank down, it would've been noticeable..

which takes me to my conspiracy theory that he was hit with an accidental knee and the investigators don't want to give it much importance..

or

a rare 1 in a million coincidence that he passed out for some reason right when he hit the water, like a seperate health condition or something.. they said he was in the blood drive line to donate blood, but the word is he left the line to go participate in the dumb project without donating blood.. if he actually donated blood, this would put the school and the blood drive people at a horrible situation, and this is another conspiracy theory..

man I don't know, nothing is gonna bring him back now.. it's just sad as heck.. I can't stop thinking of the guy, and the fact that the newspaper/local news are portraying it as being somewhat of his fault for "going against the directions of the teacher to the deep end" and "cannonballing for fun with friends" is just painful.. really painful because that's not who Vince was..

9. vincentt

vincentt Member

hey rocketsmac your a senior right

10. armyman7894

armyman7894 Member

I think Mr. Meowgi got banned?

His signature is not in his posts anymore.....

11. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

yeah, senior man.. if you went to the candle ceremony, I was the short dude with the black shirt who spoke the most and, possibly, cried the most..

it was just humbling and embarrassing man.. but I couldn't help it .. dude was just too close.. too close..

12. armyman7894

armyman7894 Member

So was Fatty I think, because his "ignorance is bliss" sig is not in his posts either.

And yes vincent, Rocketsmac is a senior.

And holy crap do you got to Westside?

I'm a junior at Stratford High.

13. vincentt

vincentt Member

oh yeah i was there were you to the right of the circle?
    and yes i do go to westside small world

14. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

yep.. the dude with the extra-large broken nose and long sideburns..

15. vincentt

vincentt Member

oh gotcha

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

That's really unfortunate for him and his family. My condolences to you. Keep your head up.

17. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

are you a senior? and do I know you? I should atleast be able to identify you because I have a pretty good memory even with people I don't know but see frequently..

18. vincentt

vincentt Member

nah im only a sophomore

19. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Just noticed this thread.

Sorry for your loss, RocketsMac... :(

20. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Wow. Completely tragic. Sorry to hear it. There's no rationalizing or understanding this stuff. It's just sad. And it hurts.

Hang in there and take care.