1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Devastated...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketsMac, Apr 12, 2008.

1. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

I knew the hangout is supposed to be a happy place, but I really have to post this..

my best friend died on Thursday. we are both seniors in HS and were set to graduate in about a month. he drowned in the swimming pool of our school. I am absolutely devastated. grief counselors didn't help, nothing helps. I just can't get over it. the guy was more than a friend.. I had 2 classes with him, and he called me every single night and we used to talk for hours. he convinced me to go to Prom and we were set to go together (with our respective dates, of course) ...

don't forget the guy from your prayers, it's just absolutely sad... he was an only child, the son of 2 Nigerian immigrants. he loved soccer, we always rapped together, made fun of each other.. we just had a blast of a year.. I still can't believe this happened..

here's the chronicle article about the whole accident:
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/5695123.html

I don't know how I feel right now. I am extremely sad, miserable, melancholy.. I am mad at this joke of a school where students can drown in a pool unsupervised. I know the teacher personally, and she your typical weak teacher who can't get a grip on her class. this physics project they've been doing has been a tradition. every year, students go to the pool, race those boats, then the all jump in .. they haven't learned after the first million times to stop doing this stupid project.. they had to have my best friend die first..

gosh, it's so freakin' sad.. so sad.. I can't do anything. I can only imagine what his parents are going through right now..

dude had 2 scholarships, one of them from Baylor, and wanted to study medicine.. the guy had a future. all AP & preAP classes with the exception of this r****ded class. the people that jumped with him were all your typical careless High school dipsticks that had no future, McDoland's drive thru person at best..

but they all lived, and only my boy died.. it sucks.. it really does..

gaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwd....... :(

2. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Sorry for your loss, man.

Do what you can for yourself. Its okay to be sad. Its okay to be angry. Its okay to be confused.

May your friend rest in peace.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

How terrible :(

4. vincentt

vincentt Member

hey man i know how you feel i didnt know vincent personally but i do got to school at westside too and it was a very hard day for all of us even for people that didnt know him its a shame how much we take life for granted i hope you get better man

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Thats incredibly rough, I couldn't imagine someone close to me just not being there anymore... especially someone so young.

I will keep you in my prayers.

6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Oh no. That's so awful. I remember doing the physics boat project in high school. We weren't allowed to jump in the water though.

My prayers are with your friend's family as well as you.

7. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

My worst nightmare man.Just focus on what he would want you to do, be happy but still always have him in your thoughts..

8. Barfo10

Barfo10 Member

Sorry to hear about your loss bro. It's always tough to deal with death when you are in high school. It's suppose to be some of the greatest years of your life. I hope you can find the strength and courage to pull through this tough time. You always have people to talk to here ;)

9. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

my prayers are with you and his family

10. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I'm sorry man. I played a game of water polo in that pool once and don't recall it having a shallow end at all. How the hell did his classmates not notice him sink to the bottom?

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

why are people on the chronicle idiots?

thats just heartfelt bad.

i can't swim worth ****, so there was no chance i'd jump in.

12. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

I have followed this story in the paper and am so sorry for your loss. This is a terrible tragedy and it is so dificult to reconcile this and go on. Please keep in mind that your friend would want to to go forward and carry him in your heart. You have my prayers and heartfelt sympathy.

13. Bigpetelikeiron

man that is terrible...hang in there

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm very sorry to hear this, my sincere condolences.

#14 durvasa, Apr 12, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I'm sorry for your loss.

Grieve as much as you need to, then honor him by living a good life.

Your friendship was deep and he is a part of you. He will live on through your life... in the accomplishments you attain, in the way you talk to your kids, in the way you handle adversity, in the way you help others.

It may hurt when you realize a day has gone by and you didn't think of him, but don't dwell on it... his memory will always be there when you need it and again, he will always be part of you.

Please... go and live a life that would make him proud.

16. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

not sure it could be said any better than rimrocker. i'll go along with a simple ditto. i'll say a prayer before the night ends.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

how incredibly unfortunate and sad

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Man, what a tragic story. I guess the only thing you can do is take it day by day.

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

That's just terrible. Hang in there man.

20. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

That's sad to hear... I feel your pain.

I hope you'll be able to recover from this loss.