1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Detroit Tigers - Class Organization

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hammer755, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

Feel free to move mods, but I think this story is about more than baseball.

A poster in a small, tight-knit online forum that I'm a part of (centered primarily around baseball) lost his wife to cancer. He lives near Detroit and is a huge Tiger fan, so we collected some funds to send him and his two sons to a game. Another member of the group contacted the organization in an attempt to arrange a special tour or something unique. The team took care of everything financially (tickets, hotels, team shop gift cards) and allowed us to give the money to him and his two boys as a gift.

Here's his recap of that day. As a father of 3 boys myself, I've not yet made it through with dry eyes.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

This is awesome ****. F#$(* you, cancer.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Wow, what a great story and a classy organization. My wife grew up a Tigers fan thanks to growing up in Dearborn and one of my very best friends is from Michigan, so I've come to enjoy the team. Bigger fan today, that's for sure.

Sorry for his loss though. I can't imagine losing my rock like that. :(

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Absolutely beautiful. Love it.

My brother was diagnosed with skin cancer twice and beat it. I go once every other year to get looked over by a dermatologist because of it. My Irish DNA wasn't built to withstand living a tropical climate, but I figure I'd be depressed if my ancestors had never left. :)

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

My mom beat cancer too. Nice feel good story, classy move by an organization in a sad city.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Happy for your mom, Uprising and for your bro, MadMax.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

what a great story, glad to see some organizations still have class...