1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Detroit News] Kings looking to move down for a veteran small forward...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Jun 15, 2010.

?

Trevor Ariza & #14 for Andres Nocioni/Francisco Garcia & Demarcus Cousins

1. Yes

99 vote(s)
    42.5%
  2. We're giving up too much

59 vote(s)
    25.3%
  3. Kings hang up the phone

75 vote(s)
    32.2%
  1. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Battier + #14 for #5.

I would do that in a heartbeat.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Dumars wants to get rid of rip's contract seperately from prince because tayshaun has just this year. The hornets think they're close if they get these 2. A catch and shoot guy for paul and a all around player like prince. Peja expires after the season as do wright and peterson. It will give the hornets a chance to contend and the pistons a chance to reload. Joe wants collison in the deal too, but the hornets want to keep him of course.

3. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

From what i've read around the league Morey really likes Cousins. Wasn't he the most productive college player this year per mpg?

If we can get him to get his act together, thats a baby shaq right there ready to tear some rims!

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He's already dominating in workouts and his interview at the Kings workout was a good one.

5. BasketballReasons

Yeah I just finished viewing both of those Kings videos (how cool is it that the Kings put those up on Youtube!).
    As I was saying in another thread, our best shot at him is to try to get the Kings #5 or GSW #6, Cousins will not slip past further than that, just way to talented.

I could see the Kings liking a package of Budinger/Hill+Battier+Future First for the #5 pick.
    Maybe try to get a 3rd team involved in there somewhere like with NY so we can end up giving less assets.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

There are three teams that Morey should focus all his attention on. They are New Jersey, Minnesota and Memphis. Why? Because they all have three 1st round picks. Well Memphis has #12, #28 and #31(2nd rd). Mainly he should focus on the Nets(#3) and Minny(#4). It has been rumored that he was already dealing with Minny for Pekerov. Maybe he would be able to extend that to include Jefferson and the #4, or just the #4. I think he should take on Elton Brands contract so that he could get the #2, but i haven't heard anything about that in a while. :confused:

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sorry made a mistake. Memphis has #12, #25 and #28, the Nets have #, #27 and #31(2nd rd), Minny has #4, #16 and #23.

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Interesting. I completely get it from the POV of the Hornets, but Detroit needs to get Collison out of this. A Hornets lineup with those guys would be nice if Hamilton has anything left.

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Well, if the Rockets are giving up that package for the #5 pick, I hope Morey has that guy targeted as a borderline all-star post player. That's a lot to give up considering the Rockets would have to take back one of their overpriced vets to make it work under your scenario.

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Thats the holdup, but it might just come down to peja for rip.

11. BasketballReasons

I'm actually not sure the Kings would accept this. This board overrated too much there players. Shane Battier doesn't have much left in him to be honest, probably won't even be a starter next year, a future first would most likely be 24ish and Jordan Hill/Budinger I doubt have the same ceiling Cousins has.

So your giving up:

-A veteran backup SF (high bbIQ and heart of the team)
    -A young player with the potential to be a decent starter/good role player
    -A 24ish pick

for

-A shot at a franchise center (which does not come along often).

Its a risk i'd be willing to take, especially if Morey thinks greatly of Cousins.

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

The Kings will take a second look at two of the top big men available in this year's NBA draft. Georgetown sophomore Greg Monroe and Marshall freshman Hassan Whiteside will return to Sacramento on Saturday for a second round of workouts for the Kings.

Monroe worked out for the Kings by himself June 6. Whiteside worked out June 8 along with four other post players. Saturday's workout will be in a group setting, with the other invitees yet to be announced.

Monroe and Whiteside are the first players the Kings will bring back for a second workout. Saturday will be a busy day at the Kings' practice facility, where the team plans an earlier workout for projected second-round prospects.

Also, the Kings on Friday will work out Saint Mary's center Omar Samhan, Arizona guard Nic Wise, Baylor guard Demond "Tweety" Carter, Connecticut small forward Stanley Robinson and Oklahoma forward Keith "Tiny" Gallon.

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/06/16/2825828/kings-notes-team-brings-back-big.html#ixzz0r1YI6GxB

Odd - I can see them taking Monroe with their pick but Whiteside and those others seem more like a #14 pick...

13. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Nice catch, ArtV!

BTW, Nocioni is making about $6.8 million this year, but only has one more year, followed by a team option of $7.5 million. Doesn't sound so intolerable to me.

14. Rockets87

Rockets87 Member

Since its looking like the Kings like both Cousins & Whiteside, and lets say they pick Cousins & the Rockets pick Whiteside, could they do a trade of just those players?

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Won't happen. Cousins>Whiteside, now.

16. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I'm sure he meant that we'd throw something else in.

17. opticon

opticon Member

ya like whiteside + jt and cash for cousins

18. Rockets87

Rockets87 Member

Or maybe a future draft pick, or money. Draft day will be very intresting.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Ohhh...ok :grin: