1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Detroit News] Kings looking to move down for a veteran small forward...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Jun 15, 2010.

?

Trevor Ariza & #14 for Andres Nocioni/Francisco Garcia & Demarcus Cousins

1. Yes

99 vote(s)
    42.5%
  2. We're giving up too much

59 vote(s)
    25.3%
  3. Kings hang up the phone

75 vote(s)
    32.2%
  1. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

I had to think about it for a while, but I voted YES.

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Any trade with the Kings is going to involve Shane Battier.. and I don't know if I'm willing to give him up.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

hat so-called tub of lard has been dominating every other big in his workouts. Favors, Monroe, Orton, you name them, he killed them in all his workouts, hands down according to reports.

4. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Just saying, I would much rather select Greg Monroe than Cousins if I had the 5# pick. This is going into useless hypotheticals anyway, but still...

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Useless. And for all those who cite saving money for the Kings, they are something like $15 mil under the cap. I know it's a down economy, but the Kings can't get away with fielding a team that's pretty much all on rookie contracts.

Cousins has so much natural talent it's not even funny. Even more so than Eddie Griffin, who was more athleticism and less skill. It really does kind of suck that he's going back up the boards again. Because I really had hoped he dropped enough for the Rockets to get him.

I truly believe he's Morey's shoot-for-the-moon target. And likely the sole purpose for moving up to the top of the draft.

6. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Taking on a bad contract can suck a little, or it might suck a lot. I hate the idea of having a very sucky contract for a pick that's also risky.

7. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

The two top big men in the draft Demarcus Cousins and Derrick Favors, at the Kings Workout...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IBSK0hLMYo8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IBSK0hLMYo8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Cousins 3-point shooting is impressive!

--RB

1 person likes this.
  8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if morey is sure that the player he is getting with the 5th pick is going to be a star, then i would give anyone on this roster up to get him.

9. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Well, that's certainly laying it on the line.

I guess that's how I feel about Turner (and of course, Wall).

Anybody? Hmm. I'd say anybody but Yao, and I'd have to think about Yao.

The other thing is, DM has been great so far, but I don't know that even he is that confident in his skill. For instance, giving up Martin for the #4 pick, for whoever he thinks is worth it... No, I suspect that he himself isn't that self-confident.

On top of how it would affect the Rox, it would affect Les' faith in DM, too. If he traded Martin for a player that turned out to be a Milicic, it wouldn't be soon forgotten.

DM is human, and we're going to see that sooner or later.

1 person likes this.
  10. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Not necessary. Kings not going to contend in the next 2-3 years anyway, so why would they want a 30-yr old now Prince at $10m with no guarantee they can resign him after his contract ends next year. Ariza, 24 and at half the price, is probably a decent 'locked-up' option.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Why would they want Battier?

We might not agree on a lot but I'm with you on this one. Cousins being labeled negatively just reeks of the same situation Amare went through the year his stock dropped. I think if Cousins was on a team of veterans that won't put up with any BS he'll be alright.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and imo, Favors' extremely slow release is equally unimpressive

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Cousins interview was impressive. :)

14. steddinotayto

Hanging jumper + no elevation on jumper or fade on jumper = Block Party Invitation

15. thekad

thekad Member

You're underselling Cousins talent and overselling his weight problems. Yes, he has the chance to be very good, but he also has the chance be a superstar - literally one of the best big man in the league. Regarding his weight, he could probably stand to lose 10-15 pounds, but no team will want him to really slim down. His size made him dominant in college and looks to translate very well to the NBA.

If the Kings would rather have Shane than Ariza, then I don't see us beating a Pistons offer of Prince + #7, even if we take Nocioni/Garcia.

16. redhova

redhova Member

For me while I am not sold on anther deal with the Kings on draft day I am I do not give up Battier and the 14th pick for the 5th and take on Nocioni. What I would do is give up Battier and 14th pick for Nocioni, Hawes and 33rd pick. This gives a Houston a proven center not first tier but definitely one of the better centers in the NBA for now and the future. The Kings are rebuilding! They get rid of a bad contract and get a additional lottery pick and an expiring contract. :)

17. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

what make the Rockets' offer comparable to Pistons' is Battier's expiring contract for Nocioni's fat contract, which, the Pistons won't do. For those who think the Pistons' offer makes more sense, ask yourself, why the Pistons want to take back Nocioni's contract? Kings would jump on Battier + #14 for Nocioni + #5 proposal if the player they want is still available @ #14. however, i'd rather take a bad contract from the Warriors and get Randolph + #6

18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Are the Hornets contracts coming over to the Pistons expiring?

19. steddinotayto

Nope but they are a lot shorter. Well, when compared to Rip's anyways.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If the Rockets can do a Battier + #14 for Nocioni + #5 straight up, they would still have plenty of assets to do a Randolph + #6 deal.