1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Detroit Free Press] Draymond Green already 'dislikes' Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hizzobbes, Aug 5, 2013.

1. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Is this dude high? Nobody knows who this bench scrub is.

2. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

The Rockets, especially with deeper runs in the playoffs, will gain more and more rivalries. GSW is just the beginning. The Clippers, Thunder, and the Spurs might be next on the rivalry trail and then who knows.

3. Asian Sensation

I was wondering why Drummond would hate us and realized it's actually "Draymond" and I wondered even more cause I didn't know he was.

4. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Yes

I remember him well. His panties got all in a twist because our back ups were still scoring on them handily so he took it upon himself to hard foul PPat when he was about to shoot a 3. Then kept crying and mouthing off and got ejected. What did he expect our end of bench players to do? They finally had a chance to play and show the coach they could do something. Guess they expected them to just lay down.

5. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

draymond who?!

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

How can you hate someone (Draymond Green) when you have no idea who they are. I'm sure James Harden can't sleep at night fearing his next matchup against "What's his name?" from Golden State.

7. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Stupid news. Just a guy trying to make himself relevant

8. rocketblood713

come at me bro !

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I was about to post that Draymond is yes a bench player but not quite a scrub and that the Warriors are actually pretty happy with his rookie year, but then I looked at his stats.

Hitting only 1 of 3 FG for the *season*?

he did a little better in the playoffs and got more minutes, but definitely "intangibles" is the nicest bow you can put on his game.

I liked him in college, but yeah, it looks like he's going to take the tough guy angle for his NBA career. Le sigh.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Still don't know who he is. Just some scrub that tried to clothesline Beverley. That's all I remember.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm a '99er, so I was there at the time. And Utah earned its animosity in the post-championship Barkley years. The big rival from the championship years were the Sonics, which is part of the reason I still root against OKC. But, I suppose for most people, if you change the logo and draft a likeable star, they forget all about GP's trash-talking and George Karl's illegal defenses, and all the Rocket-killers on their rosters.

But all those things were a long time ago and I've moved on. I'm not living in the 90s anymore. The Lakers stopped our Artest run. The Thunder stopped our last run. GSW took our seeding. Those things matter more to me.

12. dc1985

dc1985 Member

who in the blue hell is Draymond Green and why should any Rockets fan or Rockets player give a damn what some scrub at the end of Golden St. bench thinks. Even Royce White thinks he is a nobody.

13. jbasket

jbasket Member

And Thunder fans remember Beverley as just some scrub that hurt Westbrook's knee. That's all they remember.

14. MethodM

MethodM Member

As a Rockets fan living in Brooklyn, the majority of knicks fans are pretty apathetic towards to rockets. Besides your irrational Lin fans, most of the ones I know atleast, didn't want Lin back for how much we paid him.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I disagree, Beverly was getting death threats and he proved he wasn't a scrub agaisnt them in the playoffs. They (okc) actually know who he is and still hate him and can't wait to play Houston again so that they can specifically boo him when he gets the ball. Most of us have no idea what a Draymond Greene is. We don't hate him and could care less about what he did in a game that we destroyed them in.

16. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

If I remember right it was against GS that Bev got that technical for just looking over at the bench after draining a basket. WTF is that about? Can't even glance at them. smh

17. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

yeah

I go up that way a lot and I always wear my Rockets cap as it is so hot there. They definitely know the Rockets and know Bevs name and the number he wears.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He played every game in the GS/Denver and GS/Spurs series and started in one or two. Def not saying he's a household name, but I think it would be difficult to totally not know who he is if you paid any attention to their playoff run. But I get that asking "Who?" is more entertaining, so okay. LOL.

I do think it's hilarious that he thinks anybody on our roster cares enough about him to "hate" him.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Exactly, no imagine someone walking through Houston with a Draymond Greene jersey, no one would GAF.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

oops I meant now now*