1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Detroit and Charlotte are headed into the top 8

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by basketballholic, Jan 22, 2015.

1. basketballholic

Who is headed out of the top 8 in the East?

I'm having serous concerns about Milwaukee with the injuries and Sanders debacle.

And I think Brooklyn is going to implode upon itself.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wish we can get Jarrett Jack from Brooklyn. He isn't the best, but it will be easier for him to score alongside Harden.

Brooklyn has started playing better after beating the Kings, but I don't think they can sustain it.

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I've been thinking Milwaukee.
    Milwaukee will move down and out while Detroit moves up. Brookly and Milwaukee will struggle to fend off Charlotte but Detroit will move on up past 8 imo.

4. lalala902102001

I've watched Milwaukee a few times this year and I have to say that Kidd has done a good job with that time and they will likely make the playoffs. They are playing unselfish basketball and they actually defend.

If I have to pick another team that drops out of the East I would pick Miami but I tend to think they will fend off Charlotte.

Detroit will be in the playoffs...I agree.

5. basketballholic

Milwaukee is much improved. If it weren't for their injuries and the Sanders mess I'd agree with you. I think the absence of Parker and Sanders is going to weigh them down and sink them.

6. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Are we really talking about the east play off race? They are all not even close to being .500 teams. And will be first round fodder.

1 person likes this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The Detroit turnaround will help NOLA pick. It would be great if at least one East lottery team has a better record than NOLA

8. rudan

rudan Member

Miami is one bosh/wade injury away from a 15 game losing streak...

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

And Cleveland is one LeBron injury away from the same fate. I don't wish injuries to these guys. But it would be funny if both Miami and Cleveland missed the playoffs.

10. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

I think the NO pick is darn near locked in at #13 looking above and below them. No way a East lottery team has a better record.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Can't remember who it was here that said Bosh could carry the Heat into the playoffs without Wade. They may fail with both guys.

Nets are done and will finish behind both the Pistons and Hornets for sure. They could end up with the 4th or 5th worst record in the NBA. After trades, their roster will be depleted.

Miami will surely fall out if either Wade or Bosh misses extended time.

12. eman

eman Contributing Member

Sigh... I reckon it's better than the traditional 14th pick:rolleyes:

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

They just can't win without Shane Battier. :grin:

14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

True, I think it was just wishful thinking on my part because i like Lionel and want his Nets team to be better, plus I also want the Heat to be better. Sigh, like you said, JKidd has been doing a good job and they've played decent Basketball.

15. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

This is wishfull thinking. I would be shocked if there is a play off team in the east with a better record than NOLA