1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Desperate but Needed: Francis & Cat for T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tigermission1, Nov 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Wel ill tell you this, i see Les doing this trade becuase it sure as hell will get alot more butts in the seats, thats for sure. I would probably buy a mini pass for this season 2 see T-Mac play

2. randerson153

randerson153 Contributing Member

I agree, but he's still the best player on this team and in the twenty in the league.

3. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Someone who needs 25 shots a game will NOT work well in this system. The system needs to be changed...FIRE VAN GUNDY! FIRE CD! ALEXANDER SELL THE TEAM SO YOU WILL STOP MAKING STUPID MOVES LIKE BRINGING IN THIS MORON COACH!

4. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I'd do this trade in half a heartbeat. The tough thing would be finding someone to fill in the PG position unless we suffer with Moochie at the starting position. Maybe sign Mark Jackson for a season or add Lue into the mix, and we can flush Moochie down to a benchwarmer. I don't expect any drastic changes to this team like that though for atleast one season once JVG has had time to evaluate who's going to stick around and who isn't. Lets just remember JVG was left with a big mess that Rudy left and still has some cleaning up to do. Just think of the offseason changes he's made that Rudy wouldn't even dream of. We'd probably still be stuck with Rice who still wouldn't earning the respect of the younger players on this team.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It isn't JVG's fault that Steve and Cat are uncoachable idiots.

6. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Oh yeah I give a big hell no to Elton. I can't recall a season where he hasn't been injury plagued since coming to the Clippers. Atleast with Steve and Mobley we can be assured they'll be playing 75+ games a season whereas with Elton we'd be left wondering if he could even manage 45.

7. FadeAway_Dreams

Everyone complains about inconsistent play and now we're looking at Tmac? He's admitted already that he can't play against a good zone defense. What did houston hold him to? If Tmac is SOOO much better than our backcourt tandem why didnt he light them up? Cuz Yao is in the middle? If He's so great Yao shouldnt matter so much to him.

8. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I donot expect people to realize it now, but very soon you will see that the Rockets must make changes or this will be another lottery year. Things are just not working now and will not work. Our team has no chemistry and they just donot fit into Van Gundy's system. A nice big move like a trade for T-Mac or someone else would be a nice change for this team, We won't make playoffs this year as easily as we thought, look at all the unexpectedly good teams in the West this year, from Jazz to Memphis to Sonics to Nuggets. We won't make it I think the way we playing such a poor offense.

9. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Are you related to Steve?

10. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

:confused: :eek:

11. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Is anyone else worried about TMac's back? Seems like he's had problems with it the last couple seasons. Usually if a guy his age and athleticism has back problems, it will only get worse as his age progresses.

But if CD wants to put butts in the stand, this would work.

12. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

I would make that trade in a second. It's better than overpaying both Steve and Cat. McGrady would at least be worthy of the $90million we've invested in Francis. Unfortunately, outside of the Clippers, I don't see any team stupid enough to take on Steve with that contract. He's just not worth it.

13. Deuce Rings

To add onto my last post, this trade would further necessitate the Rockets' need for a true starting point guard.

14. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

cat is not overpaid for what he can do.
    i think we'd all agree on that fact that mooch is overpaid.

15. farhan007

farhan007 Member

Shows how much you know!! Cat is a freakin second round steal!!!! He is so underpaid for what he contributes to this team!!! Im surprised Cat wants to stay here.

16. Deuce Rings

I was talking about Steve Francis, not Cat. But Car will eventually demand more than he's worth.

17. Bob

Bob Member

It sure is fun to read some of the comments in these old threads.

18. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Don't bump old threads. It just confuses things and will end up being locked.

19. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Exactly. I thought at first the rockets are trying to get SF3 and Cat for next year. :confused:

20. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

What a prediction by tigermission. Dude is really smart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.