1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Desperate but Needed: Francis & Cat for T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tigermission1, Nov 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I know what you are thinking, impossible, rite? Well here is the deal. Magic are desperate enough to do it to at least get more talent on their team in different positions. It would be perfect fit for Steve and Cat so they can both hug the hell out of the ball and no one would complain. I am not sure how the money part would work here, but if someone knows let me know, may be we would get a future round pick or something.

Here is how it would works for us, We would be getting a premier superstar in the league who can score better than anyone else in the league right now pretty much. We would have a killer 1-2 punch in T-Mac & Yao, finally making us truly and realistically able to compete with elite powers in the Western Conf. We would not have to deal with egghead playing of SF and Cat. They would be in the East so we would not be improving our competition. It would finally give us more premier players to build our team around concentrated in a Yao-TMac combo, not less than a Shaq-Kobe combo.

So in short, a Great trade for us in terms of making us more of an elite team, where we would finally get much needed offensive punch in T-Mac without suffering through massive inconsistancies and soft play from both Steve and Cat. So way I see it, perfect fit for both teams.

Please, someone tell me how, salary wise, would this trade work out under NBA rules.

I am absolutely finding this year's Rockets team the best boring I have ever watched, I liked the idea of Van gundy coming here but he seems to preach too much defense and not enough offense. Steve and Cat are incompetent and will never fit well on this team with Yao as focal point. I would settle for 2 great superstars in back and front court than 3 so-and-so players that fight over shots and are inconsistant.

2. sweetie

sweetie Member

and JVg will still not know what to do with him, haha

3. tigermission1

you don't need to know what to do with T-Mac. He knows all too well!

4. tigermission1

T-Mac does not need to be coached, he is not Steve or Cat. Let's get that straight. Just like Kobe and MJ would not need coaching. Plus the guy is still very young and would destroy any backcourt in the league by himself. Yao in a couple of years would take care of the front court. Concentrate our focus on 2 of the best players in the league, instead of 1 future superstar and 2 mediocre guards who are as inconsistant and pampered as our guards. Steve reached his potential in case anyone is wondering, he even reached his turnovers potential, Cat reached his potential about 2 seasons ago.

We will never become a premier power in the West by the backcourt we have. The west is getting tougher and tougher by the year. Even Memphis, Denver, Golden State, and Seattle are becoming more competitve and gap closing quickly.

Meanwhile, we are somewhere between not-yet-elite and not-average. We won't remain that way for long, we either get into the Elite very soon or we will be just another not-average team. This won't cut it. Les Alexander said before his goal is to win championship again, well time is a-ticking. This ain't 1995 no more, no 1 superstar and bunch or role players will cut it anymore, talent is too much and West too strong. We need more starpower.

5. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Well though im not all thumbs up 4 this trade i do agree with this, Even when they win its boring to watch :rolleyes:

6. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Interesting idea that I've seen thrown around the board a few times. With a trade like this, you'de basically be starting over completely. You'de need new schemes and everything. Hell, something like this would be one of the biggest trades in the last few decades as I can't remember the last time a Top 5 player was traded in his prime. It's interesting to speculate.

I think Houston would probably pull the trigger, but there would need to be more involved to entice Orlando. They'de need the players they got in return to be the foundation for their future, and have to be convinced they could produce more than T-Mac. The trade exception would definitely have to be included.

7. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I just dont see Orlando giving up T-Mac. Hes just to talented and to popular. I dont recall a team trading a player when his popularity is at its peak, to much money. It makes perfect sense from the players perspective. Cat and Steve get to run their own show and T-Mac now has his 2nd man. But seriously would any of you guys trade T-Mac for Francis and Cat?

8. tigermission1

Just shows you the state of our guards, with you actually saying that Orlando would not be satisfied enough with Steve and Cat. Orlando would be getting more positions to fill and more points, for Steve and Cat would score no less than 40-50 points combined in Orlando. They would play more freely too for they would be playing on a team more like the team we had 3 seasons ago when Rockets, led by Steve & Cat, fell only 1 or 2 games behind T-Wolves for Playoff spot. They would make Orlando instantly better.

Second, T-Mac will start b****ing soon and will most likely want to be traded by end of the year, forcing Orlando's hand and they would not get much in return. I would use the Shaq episode with Orlando as a scaring tactic to get them to agree for a trade.

As for us, we would be better off with T-Mac because he fits better. We would have our own Shaq-Kobe combo with some very good supporting cast we have now. We donot have now any truly dominant nor consistant players in the backcourt. With T-Mac, that would change.

From more financial perspective, Rockets would definitely draw much more interest from the fans in terms of ticket sales as well as media coverage and hype. It would make us an instant elite team in the West and a future superpower when Yao develops even further.

Come on Les, start working the phones!;)

9. tigermission1

It is all about fitting in the NBA. Trust me, Steve & Cat combo would make Orlando much better and give them more deminsions. And yes, if enticed properly I think Orlando would make the trade, just think how Orlando was destroyed after Shaq left for nothing, T-Mac will soon (mark my words) get irritated and trade rumors will arise.

I would even volunteer as the chief negotiator (JK). I would throw a first-round pick or something in there too.

T-Mac is worth it, he is the RIGHT FIT on this team with Yao. Not RIGHT FIT on Magic. Steve & Cat RIGHT FIT for Magic, not for Rockets.

10. sweetie

sweetie Member

Isnt shaq up for renewal? Cant the lakers just not resign shaq next summer(2005) and instead go after Tmac to have a kobe/tmac combo much like mj/pippen? Thats what I predict.

11. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

shaq is one of their main guys. why would they trade him?

12. Ownage

Ownage Member

Rather Trade Yao Taylor 4 Tmac Gooden.
    Francis is the best player on this team.

13. Charvo

Charvo Member

Steve Francis is on the verge of become an albatross aka a mediocre player with a big contract. Never give big contracts to guys who can't bring the ring.

14. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

so you're saying tmac and kidd don't deserve big bucks?

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I have performed this trade on XBOX Sega NBA Basketball. It works salary wise.

16. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

T Mac type of players are dime in a dozen. What the Rox should do is get a superstar PF to play with Ming...like ELton Brand.

Also TMac is a jealous type of player, he would not share the spotlight with Ming. That's why he left Toronto, cuz all the attention go to Vince Carter. He wants to be the leader, or DA MAn and gets all the attention.

17. shawn786

shawn786 Member

HAHAHA dude your funney, You sure your not watching anonther game??

18. Palmray

Palmray Contributing Member

dont forget Payton, Pierce, Nowitzki and Iverson

19. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

no way orlando would trade t-mac. especiallly not for francis and mobley. hmmm, what would their thought process be like........."hey, lets trade one of the top 5 players in the nba for a slightly above average backcourt." "ok, sounds great. lets do it."

wake up and smell the mediocrity folks.

20. 1stflybug

1stflybug Member

then let him be the LEADER, NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.