1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. Major

Major Member

You seem to not understand the timeline.

Wanted to be included in the process.
    Was included in the process.
    End around by Jack / no longer included in process.
    Jack friend hired as GM.
    Watson decides he's done.
    Ownership comes crying back.
    Watson does not respond.

At no point has he simultaneously complained about wanting to be included and not answered his phone. He stopped answering his phone after he was lied to and decided he was done.

It sounds like people want to him to be the battered spouse that endlessly goes back to their abusers when they promise it will be different next time. And they are upset that he didn't fight back earlier.

#1621 Major, Feb 5, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  2. Major

Major Member

This is the part that makes me laugh the most about fans here. "We know this is all terrible and you're stuck in a horrible cult, but suck it up and deal with it for my entertainment!"

Verbal Christ likes this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

the double standard that its ok for the team to cut ties but not the player is also eye raising.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is ridiculous.

DW was the guy doing the battering. "BOB is the best! I love BOB. I'll fight for BOB with all I have! Of course BOB is THE GUY!"
    He battered the franchise with his dumbass opinion on BOB.

Then they finally got rid of BOB, i guess against DWs voice, but certainly to the benefit of the franchise. Then he wants to be involved in the process... AND HE IS!!! As you've laid out.

That he didn't get the EXACT guy he wanted, and is NOW not answering the phone...

I don't want to hear ANY complaining about not including him in the process from him or anyone. If he wants to complain about that, he needs to just come out and say "I didn't want that guy, I wanted this guy, and I didn't get him, so that's why I want to be traded."

The end, not confusing.

5. JayZ750

This isn't a double standard, this is literally how the CBA is written. I know from yesterday you're not super up to speed on that.

The players NEGOTIATE the cba through their union.

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Not a double standard. DW4 negotiated a no-trade clause so Texans can't unilaterally just cut ties with him.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Sorry Im one of those realists who understands how professional players flex their only muscles when the ownership of their respective teams have taken to evangelism instead of winning football games.

Its too complicated for a simpleton like me - I'll just keep making fun of the idiots managing the team, you guys can keep crying about how mean Watson is.

edit: whoops this isnt evangelism its proselytism.

8. JayZ750

You literally were confused why teams can cut players but players can't cut teams...??

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

In his next contract he'll probably negotiate an Idiot Owner clause.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Yeah Jay Im confused. I just dont get it. I'll just hop on the Watson Hate wagon - just because.

:rolleyes:

11. JayZ750

"the double standard that its ok for the team to cut ties but not the player is also eye raising." - Verbal Christ

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Watson is the shittiest player ever!!! How dare he do this to such a great organization?? OMG think about those poor fans Deshaun - screw your legacy you need to suck it up and just stay and have a few more 3-13 season as penance. LOL.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You got me! I guess I should just start bashing Watson with you all since that is the RIGHT thing to do! LOL

14. JayZ750

I'm not sure what bashing or not bashing Watson has to do with your comment. Well, rather than a comment, it was a question, which i explained in my answer.

to make it clear: team's can cut players, players can't cut teams, that's how the CBA was negotiated.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Thank goodness there are no more debtors prisons otherwise Watson may be sentenced to LIFE by you guys! LOL

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So then why does it ALWAYS happen Jay??? You act like this is some sort of deadly sin that has never occurred in the history of sports, but you want Deshaun Watson to be a good boy and honor the contract while the rest of the team is ridiculously incompetent and that is AOK!

17. JayZ750

Why does what always happen?

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Why does a rainbow appear after a rainstorm Jay?

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You Watson haters will be happy when he starts getting fined and that portion of the CBA is satisfied - until then keep crying into a rag and poking voo doo dolls.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Some of you guys may be having separation anxiety.

Newsflash: DESHAUN WATSON WILL NEVER PLAY ANOTHER DOWN FOR THE HOUSTON TEXANS.

deal with it how you need to.

Cause and effect - the team had every chance to make this right and they chose their sides.