1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Welp, are we finally in agreement that Deshaun is out as a Texan? Sad sad day. I will likely not be following this team but could be convinced to refollow depending on the haul that we get. Is Lawrence, Fields or Wilson? worth Deshaun if 2 or even 3 other 1st round picks are also included? Having a QB on a Rookie salary is one of the ways to be competitive in this league. See Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun (before big contracts of course).

2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This. Is. Hysterical!

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

There it is.

4. magman

magman Member

but, but, Culley and Watson developed a rapport last year. /s

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm just curious. What happens if we just ignore his request? How long is he willing to sit out?

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Welp going to follow Deshaun wherever he goes. I just don’t think the Texans will actually trade him still

everyday eddie likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd like to put it to the test, he'll fold.

8. fchowd0311

Yes. I really want to. **** this. We will never get a qb as talented as him again. **** the request.

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it’s probably unfair expectations for someone at 25. But it’s part of the business, along with the riches, celebrity, notoriety, there are a lot of responsibilities that go along with it. It’s not as simple as be blessed athletically and make a lot of money. One can only be so lucky.
    It might be old fashioned of me, but I thought (and still do) Deshaun had the intangibles of a true leader. That was my favorite part about him. His actions have at least made me question it.
    I understand his frustrations, I have the same frustrations with the team. But high character individuals change those negatives into positives.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Easterby is going to talk Cal into trading him no matter what. Doesn’t fit the culture they are building.

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

I guess my biggest fear now is we trade Watson and we get back a big lump of coal. After that DeAndre Hopkins trade I know just how bad the Texans can be fleeced. I know we have a new GM and all, but I am still very very concerned. A Watson trade should bring back the biggest haul in NFL history, but I’m afraid we get the lump of coal.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

If he wants to play that game. I want the Texans to play even dirtier.
    Negotiate a contract with a no trade clause to force where you want to go at the expense of the team? That’s not in good faith.
    I’d sit his ass before I trade him anywhere that doesn’t give minimum 4 firsts and 2 seconds. With at least one of those first being top 3

14. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

This is going to be painful.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well the Texans have one MVP that won't ask for a trade...Jesus.

16. fchowd0311

I'd rather keep him and let him ride through his disgruntled streak until he realizes that the franchise isn't going to give in and he needs to start playing and playing well or else his legacy is going to tank and his next contract his going to tank.

everyday eddie and cmoak1982 like this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

What was not to like? Kid gave his very first paycheck to lunch ladies in the city dealing with hurricane recovery. Has been nothing but a great person the whole time, always stayed positive even during the hardest year of his playing life. No problems off field. Great backstory of coming from nothing to being a successful NFL QB .. it was easy to root for the kid and I'll miss him as a Texan. Im not upset he wants to leave - it makes sense if establishing a legacy is important to him - he wont do it here.

character huh? Point me to that Easterby sermon bro!

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well I would hope a whiny b**** like Watson doesn't fit the culture they are trying to build....but I still wouldn't trade him.

They own him, he signed long term so if they want they can tell him to play or retire...and honestly I'd be fine with either outcome

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

High character is important in your best players and leadership, whether people want to believe it or not.
    Just because a charlatan has latched on to that principle doesn’t mean it’s not true.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

Such conflicting thoughts in my head. It's basically:
    **** Cal
    **** Easterby
    **** Watson's trade request