1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. Fantasma Negro

That's a great deal, wouldn't even have to trade J.J in that scenario. If this comes across Caserio's desk he should pull the trigger

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Not enough

3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I also want darnold in any jets deal Wilson can sit for a year and darnold will have something to prove if he wants big contract.

Then build up the defense so when Wilson is ready he can step right into a great situation.

Fantasma Negro and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. conquistador#11

In that case, you can't make the same mistake with Watson trying to put Wilson in the TomBrady system where you morph into every set. so the hiring of Eric B or Joe Brady , who use motion/picks/scheming to get receivers open will still be beneficial.

Reading into Wilson's background, like Deshaun and Trevor, he's big on family and follows Jesus to the T, which will be a problem as he will see through the B.S they're running over on kirby.
    Wilson is also taking medication for adhd, which means he can legally take stimulants and not get suspended! for focus of course, not performance enhancing.

I'm Definitely liking Wilson more than any other QB available other than Trevor.
    The Jets package would be a great package. And if Cal was not around, I'd be excited.

cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm still banking on him staying. Texans have too much leverage here to break. They'll bend hopefully and give in to Watson's desires but I doubt Nick Caserio wants his first move as a Texan GM to be trading away one of the most talented qbs of all time at the age of 25.

#845 fchowd0311, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Cal is the freaking boss and he needs to act like it! Give everyone their roles and that's it. Screw Easterby and Deshaun. Tell them how things are going to be. Your the boss Cal!

7. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Tommy Boy.

Rudyc281 and mario_v like this.
  8. awc713

awc713 Member

I’ve voiced this opinion before, but I’m fully out on the Texans if they trade Watson. Don’t bother with me with the FO’s sales pitch and how they try to save face/ turn it into a positive. I’m not looking at any trade rumors because every single one of them will be a losing deal with this joke of a franchise. There’s zero evidence that this organization is capable of drafting, developing, and keeping winning players to the extent necessary to win in this league. None. I don’t care if we net 30 first rounders...I’m out. Enjoy watching your “men of god”. We waited 15 years to finally get a franchise QB and Cal has inextricably managed to piss that away too. The McNair family can screw off if they do in fact find themselves in the self-dug hole where they’re forced to trade Deshaun. And don’t even start with the character/entitlement questions for Watson. He’s been a stand up guy since coming here. This organization, man...I feel Mets and Knicks fans’ pain re: Wilpon/Dolan.

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No matter what dumbass decisions the front office does to worsens our team, you will always find dumbasses willingly to defend the franchise at all cost regardless of how shtty the move was. No moves is sht in the eyes of the blindly devoted ones. It's quite sad.

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah man, I’m trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think Wilson could be a stud, obviously would rather Deshaun, but I agree with what you said.
    Brady, EB, Daboll. All of their systems would fit Watson and Wilson to a T.

conquistador#11 and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Cal Mcnair should own a megachurch, not a NFL franchise.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jay Glazer:

Why just the Jets? If I’m Urban, I do it. He’s a known commodity. As much as we think Trevor Lawrence will be a stud, and Justin Fields, we don’t know. You know what Deshaun is. You know what he is on the field and off the field. If I have a chance to get Deshaun Watson, I’m sending whatever I have to.

The problem the Texans have, if you tell him you’re going to let him in on the decision making process and then you don’t, that’s the issue. You don’t have to. Belichick didn’t go to Brady with anything. If you tell him you’re going to and then don’t, then they feel lied to.

Deshaun Watson, this is the type of guy you want leading your team, leading your prayer service, marrying your daughter. He is someone you can put everything on. If I’m another team, I do whatever it takes to get Deshaun Watson. You know the known commodity you’re getting.

For the Texans, how they make this right? I don’t know. They’re trying to hire a head coach right now. Whoever is even going to talk to them, they’re going to want to know for sure that Deshaun Watson is the quarterback but Deshaun Watson is not really talking to them right now so they’re in a horrible position.

Red.Glare, Nook, mikol13 and 3 others like this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah that kid has that “it” about him too.

conquistador#11 and cmoak1982 like this.
  14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I think there is worry about him fulfilling a missionary commitment.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Man ol man

17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Guy just really likes Future.

He's definitely going through something. Hopefully he finds some happiness. Getting a trade out of Houston isn't going to bring happiness... unless you're James Harden.

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This!

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I used to find his stuff interesting.

He made me think the Knicks were going to trade for Russ.

He's got nothing. The Knicks weren't even in negotiations.

awc713, Fantasma Negro and Rudyc281 like this.