1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

On the one hand I get why DW is upset. Dumb organization trades away Brown, Hopkins, doesn’t even talk to him about the GM, hires a firm to help in the search and ignores them completely, has a history of “passive racism” and Cal seems like an idiot.

on the other hand, I am increasingly co fused and frustrated by DW. Didn’t he only say positive things about Bill O’Brien for years? And he seems to want the team to only interview/hire minority candidates... which is also racism and also just dumb - the hire should be the most qualified person. Like on EB, how many teams has he interviewed with now. No one else has hired him ... maybe there’s a reason lol. And Easterby... I’m DEFINITELY not privy to internal culture, personalities, etc. but what exactly has this dude done to DW? Finally, maybe demanding a trade... after signing a huge contract?

like did DW just realize the Texans are the Texans? The time for this was LAST offseason, before Bill was allowed to gut the team...

Ill trade DW. To the Jags, for the #1 pick and some future picks.

cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. Texanstradamus

All these rumors don’t make any sense they reporting the same thing daily

Fulgore and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Repeat it enough, it'll come true.

4. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Cal is not about to let "the inmates run the prison" but he will let Jesus take the wheel. If Watson was white and he prayed with Cal he could probably pick the GM, the coach, the team colors, etc.

gatsby, UTSA2step, Dopamine and 5 others like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If it's unsalvageable, the only thing I would accept is Trevor Lawrence and some picks attached.

Otherwise Watson is staying put. I understand his frustration but now it's getting stupid. You are right. These culture issues were known before Watson signed that contract and promised the fans in the city of his commitment here. He at the very least needs to address the fans who adore him here because he really is ****ing us over here. He needs to come out at the very least and say he's sorry to us fans and that he failed us. He made that decision to that contract. He can't b**** about cultural issues now as if he suddenly realized these issues. That's the biggest issue I have with Watson here.

I despise Cal and Easterby. I think they have outdated views of society and don't know **** about managing a football team. But Watson knew this when he gave that commitment to us Houston sports fans.

If we can't get Jacksonville's first round pick, then it's time for some mutually assured destruction and keep Watson and let's see how long he's willing to hold out and tank his career.

I'm a Houston sports fan first. I don't tackle my social justice issues through following my sports teams. I tackle those issues with my vote. I'm supporting this incompetent franchise because that's the sports team I was raised to support and Watson is ****ing us over now and it seems like he couldn't give two ***** about the fans in this mess. Not once has he addressed the actual fans in Houston.

#665 fchowd0311, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    UTSA2step, BigM, Fyreball and 4 others like this.
  6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I'm with you on this. Watson waited until AFTER he signed his $177 million contract to make this "principled" stand. Bish move. Now the fans suffer.

Rudyc281, JayZ750 and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

It's ****ing amazing how they all just magically showed up once the black QB voiced opinions.

Nook, mikol13, Dopamine and 3 others like this.
  8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It’s really telling. They’re literally making up the 5% of the people who voted for Easterby in the Easterby vs. Watson twitter poll. It’s racism... plus whatever angst they have post election... combined with a hint of redneck.

It’s a disease that needs to be exposed... because its wrong.

gatsby, UTSA2step, Dopamine and 2 others like this.
  9. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

It appears that every franchise with a job opening just passed on Bienemy for the 3rd straight year. Does Deshaun not see this? I think not. I think he’s just using that as his exit strategy to get away from a franchise that’s mortgaged it’s future and ability to improve during the best years of his career. Everything else is just noise.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

It's the same posters every time, Duane Brown was the dumbest/worst, was that the beginning?

#670 Buck Turgidson, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    Nook and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Trading brown was a dumbass move. Trading Hopkins was a dumbass move. Extending BoB and keeping him as gm/he for so long was a dumbass move, Watson did not voiced his thoughts and play it through like the good soldier he was. Now after all that bs about culture change and what not, the stupid ass owner outright ignored input that he asked for and doubled down on patriots part deux.

Same dumbass fans that blindly defend any moves texans made regardless of how dumb it is. The moment Watson took a stand to put an end to mediocrity and hold it accountable, he's a player with low character.

Some fans rather players just shut up take all the shtty decisions up the ass and magically the team will get better. Dumbass being delusional.

gatsby, UTSA2step and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The degradation of the team began when BoB went on a spree getting rid of players who weren't "versatile".

13. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

At least he said exactly why he was unhappy.

Nook likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Who was the All Pro OG that hated BoB....he and our very good C left the same offseason, and we've been ****ing around trying to fix the OL ever since

15. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

No wonder they went after Brock so hard

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Brandon brooks, eagle super bo champ. Chris Myers retired and Ben Jones left for the titans

17. Buck Turgidson

That's it...Brooks and Jones. Then 2 years later they jettison Duane Brown....brilliant moves.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Anti-tampering rules don’t allow EB to interview even if he wanted to right now. This is the Texans and/or Pancakes not knowing what the hell is going on.

Nook and Red.Glare like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

I'm pretty sure Easterby and Caserio are familiar with the tampering rules.

BigM and Cannonball like this.