1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Would you rather talk about the state of our country in D@D

2. showa13

showa13 Member

For those that are still confused, Deshaun isn’t upset cause he didn’t get to pick the next GM. Deshaun is upset cause Cal promised him that he’d be involved, that he’d listen to Deshaun’s input, even if he didn’t go with who Deshaun wanted. He just wanted to be heard. Cal said forget that all I need is the Easterbunny and Deshaun found out about Caserio the same way we did. He has every right to be upset with the Houston Easterbunnys

3. Roc Paint

Screw Harden and Watson for trying to handicap Houston

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Simply put, you don’t trade a star QB in his prime unless you are absolutely forced to. Unfortunately Cal has put the franchise in a position where it’s even a story.

JayZ750 likes this.
  5. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Ehh just keep him

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

So they were supposed to hire the minority candidate just because they’re minorities?
    That’s about as backwards as hiring just because they’re white.
    I don’t like the Caserio hire for other optics, but it’s not like he’s some poorly thought of scrub.

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

It feels like a long slow rebuild if we keep Watson because of lack of draft picks and an aging JJ Watt. Miami has a mountain of assets they could use in a trade. So, I guess you would would have to look at what Miami is willing to offer.

Having said that. I don’t want to see Watson traded, and I don’t think he will. But, the next few years may be a real struggle.

8. Fantasma Negro

Jets on line 1

9. Major

Major Member

The other way to read this is "Screw them for caring more about their own interests than mine."

10. Roc Paint

I don’t see the Rockets or the Texans selling franchises anytime soon. So what the hell am I supposed to think right now?

11. Major

Major Member

People probably thought they should hire the minority candidates because the search firm the Texans hired to help them figure out who to hire determined they there best people for the job. Crazy, I know, to trust the search firm over the geniuses in Cal and Jack.

dookiester likes this.
  12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

This. Caserio may be the right guy but Cal’s decision making process to get there was ****. He also held on to the right hand man of O’Brien’s sinking ship and continues to prop him up as fundamental to the Texans. That’s the biggest puzzler. He doesn’t have to have Watson’s input, but then maybe he shouldn’t tell him he values it. Why should Deshaun feel any different than most fans do with this ownership? It’s coming off as egregiously overmatched.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I can agree with that. There are inconsistencies though, it was reported tha Caserio was on their list earlier and Dungy (a minority) advised Cal to go with who he wanted.
    I don’t care about what color the hire is as long as it’s a good hire.
    I do care about hiring someone because of their skin color.

Major likes this.
  14. Major

Major Member

Probably should simply be disappointed that two of your favorite franchises are terribly run. I think we can all agree on that. But on Watson, the question you have to ask is whether you should be upset with him if he sees an opportunity to get out of that mess and chooses to pursue it.

Edit: To me, Harden is a little different because the organization catered to him the last many years and now he's complaining about the results of that. He was a critical part in getting the Rockets to this point. Watson doesn't seem to have been part of it, except to the extent that his vouching for BoB might have saved his job a few years ago.

15. Roc Paint

The way I see it James and Deshaun Watson should play to their highest potential in order for Houston to get back in return the greatest offers for their services. That’s what these players should be thinking about.

We The Fans!

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

Seems to me it's the Texans handicapping themselves...yet again...

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So Cal did to Deshaun what he also did to the search firm.

BigM likes this.
  19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Of course he hasn’t.

even more extrapolation... he certainly didn’t express a desire to be in Miami.

Im surprised somebody hasn’t questioned the Dolphins as to why the media feels free to speak freely about them making trades.

UTSA2step and cmoak1982 like this.
  20. Roc Paint

Sucks, doesn’t it?