1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Jan 28, 2021.

?

Which trade package do you like best?

1. NYJ

60 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. MIA

30 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. JAX

24 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Other (state your preference in a post)

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Meh. I'll politely disagree. I think Watson was being a team player with O'Brien. Didn't want to Rick the boat back then.

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

DW4 had $140 million on the line which is why he backed ass chin. It's a business 1st and foremost. But why is a preacher the VP of Fooball operations?

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

he signed a ****ing mega extension 6 months after Hopkins was traded. Six months!!

gtfo of here with that crap.

you know who didn’t sign a mega extension before asking to be traded? Harden. Victor Oladipo, who has barely been able to stay healthy, was offered $25 million a year by Indy but he wasn’t sold on that so said no.

4. JayZ750

so DW basically lied. He’s a liar than right?

5. JayZ750

hmm but he’s cool rocking the boat now.

is he a not rock the boat guy or a rock the boat guy?

me thinks he’s a “let me get mine and then get mine some more” guy. Not rock it now because I want something and then rock it later when I get what I want to get more of what I want.

you know what that describes? Making his bed but not wanting to sleep in it. Exactly what I said.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. texans1095

texans1095 Member

Look, I don’t WANT to trade Watson. BUT, after seeing the Stafford trade we could get a crazy haul for Watson.

7. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

GTFO with this ****.

Texans got rid of BOB after the extension. First coach in the NFL of the season to get the boot.

Texans had freaking season to get in a great hire for coach and GM. Where are we? Last ones twiddling our thumbs as the front office can’t do jack with the Pastor leading the way.

We had so much time to get our ducks lined up for the quality hires. But no, let’s go against the search firm, let’s take Easterby’s word last minute for the GM.

You know what else? I guess Texan legends Foster and AJ are also crap for telling Watson to get out with the garbage culture here. But who knows, you’ve apparently spent more time in and amongst the Texans than them.

Two Sandwiches and UTSA2step like this.
  8. Sooty

Also JayZ750 is the same person who’s said he could be sold to an option where BOB remains on as GM but as long as there is a new HC!

yeah ok...

9. JayZ750

they got rid of Bob AFTER DW signed his extension because DW never seemed to have a problem with BOB. In fact he backed him. That’s the point.

On the later part, you have absolutely no clue how good either Casiero or Culley will be. DW seemingly and lots of Houston fans wanted EB but that dude has failed to get a HC job despite interviewing for nearly half the league at this point.

10. JayZ750

I kind of recall saying that. Maybe. I dont know. I dont search my old posts like you apparently do. Stalker lol.

But you know why I said that?? Cause we could t get rid of BOB. I had been arguing to get rid of him for 2 years at that point while the Hey Nows of the world were like “here’s his positives”. So I though heck he hasn’t screws up yet as a GM and I know he sucks as a coach. Since Cal loves him give him just the GM duties so we can move on from coaching.

clearly he was as bad a GM as a coach if not worse.

11. JayZ750

yeah. And Zach a Wilson is definitely not a sure thing. Risky. But the upside there is basically DW. Like at his best he has DW/Rodgers/Mahomes qualities.

if the Jets give you an absolute mega mega haul... take it and move on

12. Nook

Nook Member

To me unless I am getting Lawrence from the Jags, any conversation is going to involve 4 #1 picks and a handful of picks in later rounds.

itzIce, Roc Paint, Icehouse and 10 others like this.
  13. Sooty

[
    Dude, YOU wanted EB right after BOB was fired.

so, DW along with all other Texans except those who have left are basically liars?! Everyone was ok with BOB for YEARS!

14. Sooty

Zach Wilson isn’t that great of a prospect.

He sure does have arm talent but his reads and have been problematic since his first college game. He also struggled against the one ranked team they played this year and has a poor resume prior to this year.

Not accurate to talk about him in the same vain as Mahomes, Rodgers and DW.

15. JayZ750

and he interviewed. And like the 5 other interviews this year and the countless others in past years he didn’t get the job.

I can only assume at this point.... after interviewing for SIX open positions this offseason... he sucks at interviewing.

I don’t who is lying. All I know is either DW was lying when he said many times he had BOBs back and really liked BOB and just wanted his money and to complain later.... or he thought BOB was fine... which I guess is equally likely cause the time DW wants out - now - is only after BOb has been fired. Maybe he liked him.m and is upsets he’s gone.... ???

#155 JayZ750, Jan 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  16. JayZ750

im just regurgitating what analysts have said recently.

It’s clearly a lofty and crazy comparisons but that’s the upside case. If it wasn’t for having DW I’d be very excited about potentially drafting Wilson. If forced into it .... get a MEGA MEGA package from the Jets and move on.

I’d rather keep DW and make him play but these things don’t seem to end well lately so I’d be ok with this. Mind you mega deal means to me crazy compensation. Four firsts, two seconds and a great player type thing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...ollack-compares-zach-wilson-to-two-nfl-greats

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...ft-byu-quarterback/16a9w33fei5s71fu694wkj5nx7

https://kslsports.com/446046/steve-young-zach-wilson-byu-patrick-mahomes/?

https://kslsports.com/451472/scott-mitchell-stop-comparing-zach-wilson-to-patrick-mahomes/

17. JayZ750

To the Jets for

4 firsts
    1 second
    1 third
    Williams
    Ashtyn Davis

draft Wilson.

trade JJ for as good a package of picks as you can get.

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He has the physical profile as those 3. He also has the best season of any QB coming out this season.
    It also wasn’t accurate to say those things about Watson, Mahomes and Rodgers when they were coming out either.

19. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

This x1000. Watson KNEW the front office was inept well before signing his mega contract. This is all about playing for a winner. The front office smoke is just misdirection.

Matt Stafford didn't pull all that media garbage - and look what the Lions got back for him. Shows you how to behave vs how to not behave. Watson could learn a thing or two about respect.

Rudyc281 and JayZ750 like this.
  20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I hope we don't trade for any picks in this draft cause the top of this QB class is straight garbage.