1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Jan 28, 2021.

?

Which trade package do you like best?

1. NYJ

60 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. MIA

30 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. JAX

24 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Other (state your preference in a post)

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Caserio knows Miami is desperate we hold all the cards fleece them Nick.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The Texans hold every card in the deck right now. Miami is desperate. Deshaun is desperate. The Texans are not. There is absolutely zero reason for Nick to settle on his asking price. If you have to sit Deshaun the rest of the season, and rehash this in the off-season, so be it. The return on this trade is THAT important to the future of this franchise. You cannot settle for even 75% of the asking price. It's full asking price, or nothing.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL Let’s recap the last week, shall we?

He’s going to the Dolphins!

@MarkBermanFox26: Texans are working toward a potential deal that would send Deshaun Watson to the Miami Dolphins that could get done this week. If not this week they still hope they can get it done before the Nov 2 trade deadline. — 2:38 PM · Oct 20, 2021​

Could be 3-team deal!

@CotyDavis_24: In regards to the #Texans closing in on a deal that would send Deshaun Watson to the Miami #Dolphins, I am hearing that it could be a three team deal that would send Tua Tagovailoa to the Washington Football Team. — 3:26 PM · Oct 20, 2021​

Tua to Washington or Denver?! … NO!

@mikeklis: Per source, Broncos not in on Tua Tagovailoa either, by the way. #9sports — 3:46 PM · Oct 20, 2021
    @NickiJhabvala: Second source with direct knowledge of the situation corroborates that Washington has no involvement in Tua talks.
    @Sam4TR: Washington has not had contact with Houston or Miami and is not in on QB Tua Tagovailoa, per source — 4:46 PM · Oct 20, 2021​

The deal is done! So says “NFL rumors”!

@nflrums: #Dolphins are trading for #Texans Deshaun Waston , the deal will be done by the weekend. — 4:19 PM · Oct 20, 2021​

Tuesday came and went Sheena.

@Sheena_Marie3: Watson deal - a very complicated one- is expected to be done no later than Tuesday, per source close to the situation. — 9:29 AM · Oct 21, 2021​

The Panthers are out! The Panthers are in! The Panthers are baaaccck out!

Thursday afternoon: Panthers not in mix to acquire Texans QB Deshaun Watson

Despite the recent struggles of quarterback Sam Darnold, the Panthers are not in the mix for embattled Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, sources familiar with the situation told The Athletic.

After news broke that the Texans and Dolphins could finalize a Watson trade by the end of the week, The Athletic reported Wednesday that the Panthers have had recent discussions with Houston. But those talks were not considered substantial, according to sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

@josephperson: League and team sources expect the Panthers to be involved in the Deshaun Watson trade talks. — 3:38 PM · Oct 24, 2021

@AaronWilson_NFL: The Carolina Panthers have emerged as a player in the fluid Deshaun Watson trade situation, according to league sources. — 7:35 PM · Oct 24, 2021

@RapSheet: Sources: Owner David Tepper and the #Panthers are not expected to pursue #Texans QB Deshaun Watson at this time. — 8:54 AM · Oct 27, 2021
    It may or may not be happening, says BigSarge!

@BigSargeSportz: So I am hearing that there is some serious strategic planning going on in Miami. This thing may be happening and not just a rumor anymore. #Sarge — 4:08 PM · Oct 21, 2021
    It’s happening (again)!

The expectation is something will be completed by November 2nd. — RapSheet
    Texans expected to trade Deshaun Watson by November 2nd — RapSheet
    Deshaun has opened up his trade list! It’s not just Miami! … Just kidding! Still only Miami.

@JFowlerESPN: Deshaun Watson update: Watson prepared to consider multiple options — it’s not Miami-or-bust — and multiple teams remain interested. — 7:15 AM · Oct 25, 2021

@JosinaAnderson: A league source to me this morning: “There are more teams Deshaun Watson can go to besides Miami. It’s not just Miami or bust.” My understanding is Watson is willing for the most part to go to the teams that are interested in him. — 11:10 AM · Oct 26, 2021

Charles Robinson: Despite reports he is opening up (his NTC) to other teams, I have not been able to confirm that. Other teams do not appear to be aware of that.

@RapSheet: The QB has only waived his no-trade clause for the #Dolphins. — 8:54 AM · Oct 27, 2021

@JosinaAnderson: #Texans QB Deshaun Watson has only waived his no-trade clause, thus far, to the #Dolphins (which is true, as 1st reported by @RapSheet ) — 9:05 AM · Oct 27, 2021

They’ve agreed on compensation per Pancakes! Stephen Ross has approved the trade! … Unless they haven’t!

The compensation has been agreed to, according to sources familiar with the situation. The Texans should get the three first-round picks they’ve been asking for, but Caserio might have to accept lesser picks than the second-round selections he’s demanded.

Dolphins’ owner Stephen Ross has approved a Watson trade, but he wants his legal issues resolved. The only way for Watson to do that before the trade deadline would be to settle the 22 civil suits. League sources say Watson doesn’t want to settle his cases because he believes it would be an admission of guilt.

@JosinaAnderson: I'm told Miami's offer still does not meet the threshold to get a deal done. The price will not bend for MIA, or any other team! — 9:05 AM · Oct 27, 2021
    [​IMG]

#1224 J.R., Oct 27, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Sounds like Mia and Hou have agreed to compensation but Mia won’t budge until the legal is cleared up and Watson won’t settle.

So everyone continues to wait and I don’t think this gets done by the deadline which is the right move.

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Caserio has handled this whole thing perfectly

Zen Tabak and Roc Paint like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

1. Price tag
    2. Unanswered questions. They want to sit down with Deshaun Watson, talk to him extensively, not just David Tepper the owner but key members of the organization. Get to know him as a person, what he stands for, everything off the field, all the questions they can possibly have, they want to go through that with him and that doesn’t seem possible right now.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

well done sir, we’ll done !! Bravo

Roc Paint and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It all depends on how the legal stuff plays out. If Deshaun gets thrown in jail his value diminishes greatly. Would be better for the Texans to take what they can get now. I mostly agree with you btw, as the Texans don't have any pressure to win right now, they don't need to trade Deshaun.

12. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

14. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

You would think he would know when that was. Everything is said with confidence except for when he is asked about a detail.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

16. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

So is Watson traded yet?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

It may take a Deshaun Watson settlement in his 22 civil lawsuits to complete a trade between Dolphins and Texans

Schefter: At this point in time, it’s Miami or nobody. Where have all the stories about interest in Deshaun originate? Houston. There’s a little signal right there to what’s going on.

Since training camp began, I’ve gotten “Hey, get ready. Deshaun’s getting traded.” It was happening early in the summer, when camp started, middle of camp, end of camp, now last week it’s been reported they’ve agreed to terms. I’m still waiting for the trade people have been telling me about for the last 4-5 months. Where is it?

You got a player who firmly believes he hasn’t done anything wrong and this is basically a money grab.

While a trade could be done by Tuesday, let me know when it comes down because I’ve been waiting for 4-5 months and it hasn’t happened after each time I keep hearing it’s happening.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah I don’t think it’s happening.

raining threes likes this.
  19. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

As much as I want Deshaun to be outta here and put this thing behind us… it just doesn’t make sense if Miami is currently the only team interested and the legal issues are causing other teams to back away. Teams will be lining up in the off-season if Deshaun can get this crap resolved before the draft. There will be at least half a dozen teams interested if the crap is settled. Don’t cave in to this clown and send him exactly where he wants to go. I’d rather get nothing than for Deshaun to get his way.

The idiot just needs to accept responsibility for his stupid decisions or Nick needs to continue to call his bluff and make him sit in limbo until Deshaun decides to step up and be a man or gets it resolved.

by the way… whoever in the Texans org fed Mark Berman that BS report just burned a major bridge if Deshaun isn’t traded. Berman is one of the most respected sports media reporters in Houston and he doesn’t report “rumors”.

#1239 Htown Legend, Oct 28, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Oh does he now? Nick, what are you messing around for, don’t you know Deshaun wants a fresh start? He’s ready to contribute right now for another team! Why are you letting trivial things like compensation get in the way of honoring this poor man’s wishes?