1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Deshaun Watson Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Jan 28, 2021.

?

Which trade package do you like best?

1. NYJ

60 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. MIA

30 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. JAX

24 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Other (state your preference in a post)

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

why wouldn’t he?

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Nah, I think he's an easy going guy until he's pushed too far. I think he's a team guy first, but the team told him to do what's best. I think that he's a guy that wants to win above everything. I think he'll rock the boat in order to try and become a winner. That's what he's doing here.

It's not always black and white.

#182 Two Sandwiches, Jan 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  3. JayZ750

it doesn’t seem that complicated.

As I’ve compared... the type of passive aggressiveness compares to Harden who turned $50 million a year to get traded when he could have accepted $50 million a year and also requested a trade. The kind of easy going guy that say Oladipo is, who despite never being able to stay healthy still turned down $25 million per year guaranteed cause he didn’t want to stay in Indy.

but if you think he’s a win first guy cause he wants to go to the Jets... not sure what to tell you lol

whag00 likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Whoever the Texans target as their QB, they will have a strong Christian faith and lack an individuality. They will be expected to not support any controversial causes that deviate from the McNair playbook.

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Actually, once in the next 7 seasons if he's going to match Stafford step-for-step (Stafford has been to the postseason three times in what is essentially 10.5 full seasons). And we can, I think, safely scratch 2021 off from Watson's playoff resume. (But not Stafford's!)

But even if Watson goes... four, five times in a longer career... the larger point is that, like Stafford, it's highly likely this dumpster fire of a franchise will be incapable of putting the pieces around Deshaun to make any of those appearances amount to much beyond participation ribbons.

*That's* really the point.

Nook and Two Sandwiches like this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

If you think the jets are his first choice, you're reading the wrong articles...

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

If he truly wants to go to the Jets, he doesn't care about winning.

ETA: even if it's not the Jets, wherever he goes, he's going to cripple that team's ability to get better.

whag00 likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Oladipo turned down 25 million a year in Indy because he wants the maximum.

9. Two Sandwiches

Him wanting to go to the jets has certainly been refuted. They may be on his list but they're one of many teams.

Let's not hark on Deshaun's camp's supposed ability to tear down the texans organization through the media, but conveniently forget that the New York media is a powerful machine.

#189 Two Sandwiches, Jan 31, 2021
  10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Not to mention they have a good coach. And because of the Jamal Adams trade they will still have more trade assets than the Texans have now.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  11. JayZ750

the Jets and Miami have long been his preferred destinations. Neither team has made the playoffs in a decade.

12. JayZ750

he knows he’s not getting the maximum. If not he doesn’t want to stay in Indy. So he didn’t accept a deal and then force a trade even though that wound have guaranteed him money, which is pretty important fir a dude looking for his biggest payday. Hasn’t stayed healthy anywhere close to a full season in two years.

13. Two Sandwiches

Once again, we don't know that that is necessarily true. Miami more than the Jets is most likely true, but Miami was on the verge last year, has a good young coach, and has a front office that just sank a ton of money into the stadium, staff, and team.

Sooty likes this.
  14. JayZ750

their coaches record is 0-0.

maybe we wait to see if he’s a good coach...

after all the Texans got to the playoffs in 4 of O’Brien’s 6 full years, 4 of 7 total... and he wasn’t a good coach. The Jets haven’t had a coach get them to the playoffs in 10 years and haven’t had a coach get them to the playoffs in half his years since Herm Edwards.

the idea that the Jets are a winning situation is laughable to me.

Hey Now! and RocketJedi like this.
  15. JayZ750

so we don’t know if that’s true but you know Miami is more likely true than the Jets because they’re closer?? Lol. Pick one.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-hire-new-coach-plus-super-bowl-lv-picks/amp/

“According to the Miami Herald, Watson's top-two preferred destinations are the Jets and Dolphins (in that order)”

That’s from Miami’s paper.

https://www.amny.com/sports/yes-des...2u1s5Djj7wKLPZudMC6RNLCWAr83PgHkSKz5-bOupGKLQ

Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reported over the weekend that Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson has made it known that the Jets “are his top preference” among teams he’d like to be traded to”

Im still not sure why so many fans want to ignore facts and buy into the obvious DW/agent media campaign to make him look like the good guy and that the Texans are a dumpster fire. The Texans made the playoffs 4 of the last 6 years and 6 of the last ten.

The Jets and Dolphins are both 0 for the last 10. And the Jets head coach has just as much head coaching experience as the Texans head coach.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Correct. Every team Deshaun would go to would be 0-0 with him as their starting QB. Also David Culley is 0-0. Most players, most notable the one we are discussing, would pick Saleh over Culley.

The Jets have never had Deshaun Watson as their QB. I am sure Deshaun is confident enough to believe he can succeed anywhere. Anywhere he can trust management to be honest with him.

17. Texanstradamus

well unless they coming up off 4 1st and 2 seconds he gone be right here

Nimo and JayZ750 like this.
  18. JayZ750

all the quotes I’ve read from players talking about Culley are extremely extremely positive.

after their playoff loss to the chiefs last year when asked if Bill O’Brien was the right coach to lead the team Watson said “there’s no doubt” and he “loves that man”. Direct quotes not out of context.

DW also wanted EB. EB interviewed for 6 head coaching positions and got none this year. He also interviewed for multiple head coaching positions the last two years so at this point he’s interviewed to be head coach for a third to half of the league.

maybe the we should t factor in what DW wants in a coach other than as a last ditch effort to not have him request to be traded, which strikes me as a horrible way to hire a coach.

lol he can succeed anywhere... except the Texans.

do you think DW was being trustworthy when he said Bill O’Brien was absolute the right man for the job?

19. Two Sandwiches

Most of these articles are just quoting Salguero, who is largely believed to be full of s*** by those in the know. In fact, every thing you posted is based off of him.

Trying to find links. Will post when I do.

My miami statement is based off of other things I've read.

Can't find the links I'm referring to, but they were posted here. Let's remember, Salguero claims that Dolphins players don't think that Tua is the answer. He also has bashed players for protests openly, and defended the 3/5's compromise. He's a bit unhinged.

#199 Two Sandwiches, Jan 31, 2021
    Sooty and Nook like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

As of this last off season he asked for the maximum from Indy. When that did not materialize he wanted to go to Miami. He would have stayed in Indy but he wanted his money. Personally, him turning down 25 million a year from Indy doesn’t tell me much. He is like most players, he attempted to make a power move. The difference is it didn’t work because there wasn’t a lot of interest. The fact he even made a power move tells me he thinks he is worth a lot. He isn’t any different than most players in that regard.

Sooty and Two Sandwiches like this.