1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS! Wow!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mario_v, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

You're mixing up the criminal and civil system. In the civil cases, Watson is in the deposition phase, where Buzbee gets to question Watson.

In the criminal system, there was no Watson, no Rusty Harden, no defense. It's simply the DA or the ADA, and the women giving testimony in front of a jury with no one questioning them from Watson's team. The jury, like 95% to 99% of the time, returns an indictment, hence the phrase, you can indict a ham sandwich. The bar isn't guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, but something like is there any evidence sufficient to show a crime has been committed. In this case, the grand jury said, without hearing from Watson's attorney, without having any defense question the women in front of them, that they won't indict.

Hence, it's fair to call Watson creep, but biased to call him a criminal, or at least be so sure if it.

dookiester likes this.
  2. Major

Major Member

The pleading the 5th was in the civil case depositions. It had nothing to do with the criminal case. In a grand jury, the defense doesn't present a case and isn't even present. It's just the prosecutor's case. And they just have to convince a majority of the jury (not unanimous) that there's a case there (not beyond reasonable doubt). In a grand jury, you don't have to prove anything. It's basically the easiest thing in the world if to get an indictment if there's *any* evidence whatsoever to present.

dookiester likes this.
  3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn’t expect much but the Texans still managed to disappoint. No brains and no spine in this organization…that’s a bad combination.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is where I disagree. They could have held out longer. Yes, it would be ugly and uncomfortable but sometimes that’s what you have to do. The Texans lacked fortitude in this, panicked and got an average deal. One can chant the mantra of 3 1st round picks but we know that’s lip stick on a pig given the high likelyhood that they will be mid round to late round picks.

I really don’t see this scenario being any better than letting DW rot on the bench. Either way, the Texans are bad…but I’d rather look petty than stupid.

primtim24 and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How can you have any evidence from a private massage unless you video taped what he supposedly did? Sounds like the perfect crime to me. Arrange the place, the setting, and fly her in. Perfect for sexual deviants.

As for the Grand Jury, 22 women just wasn't enough I guess. This is why so many women feel helpless. When 995 perpetrators of 1,000 rapes walk free, I imagine anything less than rape is probably 100 times harder to get a conviction for. They just decide whether they believe you or not.

Its sickening if even one of them was telling the truth, but I don't believe for a second it wasn't more.

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Nick better put together a strong defensive line to put pressure on his ass so he doesn't slip away like his anal lube.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. Major

Major Member

Victim statements are evidence. So are text messages, Instagram messages, etc. Beyond that, you still don't seem to understand what a grand jury does. There's no real purpose to discussing with you further on that.

charlieaustin likes this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't give a damn. What I am saying is pure word is hard to prove. Either they believe you or you don't if all you have is your story of what happened. I don't believe 22 women lied, conviction or not. End of discussion.

9. HardenVolumeOne

R&b singer Chris brown has been falsely accused of rape twice, and the women who accused him got no punishment. How is that fair?

10. HardenVolumeOne

Mike Tyson, Tupac shakur, emmitt till, Chris brown, tyga, Brian banks and countless other innocent black men have had their lives destroyed from the, “believe all women, and if she is lying.. so what mentality”

coachbadlee likes this.
  11. HardenVolumeOne

I feel like calling the Adam clanton show on Monday, give a quick support message to deshaun and when Adam tries to rebuff me… play the infamous, “ AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT” soundbite and just hang up

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

At some point, you just have to move on. There were not going to let another draft pass. Watson could have waited them out til training camp or longer. Texans wanted to get the rebuild going now.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Chris Brown? He beat the **** out Rhianna...there were photos. Don't put Emitt Till with the others. Watson is guilt as ****, money talks.

primtim24 and cmoak1982 like this.
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Chris Brown is a BAD guy. He is a ****ing terrible person. Ask Rhianna.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

Still a gamble, letting someone facing so many civil suits sit on the bench.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. HardenVolumeOne

rihannas own father came out and said his daughter was not an angel. Rihanna admitted that it was a back and forth fight and that she hit him first. They both had drinks in them, and it got crazy. My thing is why did TMZ pay 2 off duty officers for those photos, when even Rihanna said she didnt want them released

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Are you ****ing serious? You are excusing him? You are piece of **** too. He beat her up. She may have forgiven after like 10 years, but it doesn't change the fact he beat her up. Drinking is no ****ing excuse.

I forgot, you excused Trump's sexual assaults too. Par for the course....for you.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Just ignore that dude. He’s beyond delusional.

19. HardenVolumeOne

Joe Biden is a flaming racist and gropes little kids, oh you forgot about that

and yes chris brown was 19 when that happened, barely an adult( the left had to get rid of him to make way for justin bieber as the jonas brothers were starting to wane). Chris was everywhere, doublemint gum, and sprite signed him to big contracts...

bottomline they were both guilty that night. But somehow, someway the black man is the boogeyman when it comes to liberals

what about the 2 false rape claims that came after chris years later, no punishment for the women who tried to extort him

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Trumper blaming the victim. Par for the course. I'm black. Chris Brown is a piece of ****. He has been showing his true colors ever since.