1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS! Wow!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mario_v, Mar 18, 2022.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Just not to play football. :D

Kim, a time to chill, Fulgore and 2 others like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not the Houston legend!

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

And you are being terribly misled by a terrible organization.

a time to chill and mario_v like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly, they were talked into it trying to keep Watson happy. Watson LOVED him some BOB, Cal wanted to keep Watson happy, so Cal kept giving BOB more power. Cal learned the same lesson Fertitta did with Harden, if you keep giving in to head case players like Harden and Watson, they'll destroy your team.....you end up being better off just dumping them for picks and rebuilding around others.

ROXRAN, deb4rockets and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can't really expect most sports fans to care about the women their heroes abuse. Just accept their shortcomings and roll on.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No, I can separate fandom from real life.
    You’re still a terrible human in both.

deb4rockets likes this.
  7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wow, you're putting a lot of faith into Cal McNair all of a sudden becoming a better owner.

If Cal made bad decisions before, he will make bad decisions again. Texans are poorly managed and will be a dumpster franchise rivaling Detroit Lions ineptitude.

Fulgore likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You dont mean that. I know that deep down inside the Coach really makes your day.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think he'll learn the lesson from Watson, that you don't cater to head case players at the expense of your franchise.

Sometimes young owners get suckered into the idea that they have to keep star players happy and they end up making a mess of things like Cal and Tilman did.

I don't see them repeating that mistake.

Keeping Watson's ass on the bench for a full season and letting Caserio handle things is a step in the right direction. They got a real GM and are staying out of the way.

houston19519 likes this.
  10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

People believed Watson had no leverage, when in-fact, the NTC gave him most of it. The Texans held out for as long as they could, but at some point, you have to move on. Caserio trade offers didnt get close to the 3- 1s until Miami last fall and that fell apart because Watson couldn’t settle. Once the criminal case was done, the 3-1s were in the table…but Watson’s agent held the cards because of the NTC. Then we learned Watson wanted the Texans to re-work his contract last summer and that told me this was all about money.
    Actually, Cal has learned. He didn't allow McCown to become coach. It was him knowing you can do that. Easterby PUSHED HARD. Casserio wanted Gannon. Cal eventually made the decision on Lovie.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I really see that as more of them kicking the can for a year, but I support the idea. Don't settle for whatever is left in a year without a premium candidate, just let the guy you have already take it for a year and see if something better comes available. The Texans aren't winning anything next season anyway.

I didn't want either of McCown or Gannon. I'd rather see who is available next year.

12. Major

Major Member

The problem here is not that he was not convicted - as you said, that's pretty common. But despite 9 women testifying to what happened and there not being a defense argument, a grand jury didn't even see enough evidence to say they think he might have committed a crime. We'll never know what was said in the grand jury, but the bar is super low to indict someone. It's not even he-said, she-said - it's just the she-said part, and the jury doesn't have to find him guilty. They just have to partially agree that they think he might have done something illegal. If prosecutors can't meet that bar, it should at least raise eyebrows as to why not. Something like 97% of grand juries return indictments.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's the same reason why a jury let OJ Simpson go.

They flat out don't care that he murdered 2 people, he's a sports hero so he's above the law.

The same caliber of garbage that let OJ go were likely on the grand jury to let Watson get away with it.

You just have to face the fact that MOST people are absolute trash. They simply will not hold privileged people accountable.

14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Lol

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

As a coach and very involved person in athletics, I hope you aren’t really a coach. You shouldn’t be around kids at all.

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't Watson plead the fifth to over hundreds of questions? Anyway, it's so damn hard to prove guys like that know how easy they can get away with it. Karma baby. It's coming his way.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

If the same people who let OJ go in California are serving on a Houston jury, that's illegal! It's illegal to serve on a jury outside of your county. I think you may have found something to contest that outcome.

But on a serious note, I don't like the trade, I don't like what lead up to the trade, nor anything what transpired in the last yr and a half.

However, this justice system is the only system we have and there were nine people on the grand jury who agreed that there was NOTHING there. And just like you, I'm sure there was someone on there who knew who he was and didn't like him but they STILL said, there was nothing.

Finally, if he did do it, maybe like OJ he gets it in the end.

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

fertita learned nothing. He blew up that team well before Harden asked for Westbrook. He wanted Westbrook more than anyone else in the organization. He's the downfall of the rockets.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Browns better go all in this year. When that cap number hits next season they won’t have any wiggle room or picks to supplement.
    All in, in a season where Watson is most likely suspended.