1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS! Wow!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mario_v, Mar 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raining threes

I'm not against him taking the money at all. You've got that all wrong.

What i'm against is after you take the money not living up to your word. This really isn't surprising since we're talking about Watson. I think we can agree that he's a POS and when you lie with dogs you're going to get fleas.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

Nah. We're all adults here, capable of compartmentalizing various ideas. Watson is a scumbag. But not because he took a large sum of money when it was offered to him.

It's one of my biggest pet peeves in sports, that an athlete is a bad person if they seek/accept/leave for more money. We've bought into this silly idea they should care more about winning and team and community and all this other bullshit rah-rah nonsense that not a single non-athlete gives a flying flip about when they manage their own lives.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

I get that, I'm just tired of the guy and the endless discussion around him.

Feel free to sacrifice another one of his knees to further the Astros' cause, though.

cmoak1982 and Hey Now! like this.
  4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

Gotcha. I just think, in this particular instance, that the entire blame falls upon the Texans. I don't know what - if anything - was known about the allegations; it's possible the Texans were not supporting him, etc - which, yeah - that would fall back on Watson.

But wanting out of what was a full-blown shitshow - even after taking money... I wouldn't blame anyone for that. I mean, they hired an Easterby BFF and then David Culley....

macho GRANDE likes this.
  5. Marshall Bryant

My only disagreement is the absolute statement since it only takes ONE to make it false. I am quite comfortable recognizing terms like almost all or most and be in total agreement. Tom Brady left money on the table. So there's the exception.

6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Y’all forgetting even JJ wanted out. This place was a sinking ship. Yes he signed the contract, but we immediately made more terrible moves including trading away his star receiver.. EVEN JJ WANTED TO LEAVE.

*Watson is still a complete POS*

7. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

JJ wanted out after he was told he was washed up by Billy O. Which he was. Watson did not want out because of roster construction.

8. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

The Hopkins trade (March '20) occurred well before the contract extension (Sept. '20). I think the logical explanation is that when they fired BOB - who Watson seemed to like/support - it meant they were handing the keys to Easterby. And anybody mad at Watson for not wanting to stay here with him in control wasn't paying attention.

houstonstime likes this.
  9. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Easterby wasn’t going out assaulting masseuses. He had nothing to do with Watson leaving. He actually got Watson access to the Houstonian where Watson shouldn’t have been in the first place because he was underage for the area he was in.

10. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

He then became the fall guy when Watson’s own mother went to the Texans to complain about the women Hopkins had hanging around him. Hence Hopkins being traded. It’s a lot more to this than you know, and Jack Easterby, no matter how much of a fake the guy is, was not any major reason that Watson wanted to leave.

11. Porkasaurus85

Porkasaurus85 Member

Can we just delete this thread and stop talking about this guy? We no longer have any usable picks from trading him. We’ve since moved on to greener pastures. Our QB is 100000000X better, and our team is on the upswing to great things. DW4 doesn’t even deserve to be talked about anymore. PLEASE DELETE/LOCK THIS THREAD AND LETS MOVE ON!

12. davidio840

davidio840 Member

This!!! @Castor27 and @Clutch please shut this down!

13. Buck Turgidson

I just have to say that I love "pork-a-saurus"

then, there's this:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.