1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS! Wow!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mario_v, Mar 18, 2022.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He just saying whatever he gotta say to continue to get paid.

4. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Now he admitted he did wrong saying: "the decisions I made in my life that puts me in this position I would definitely like to have back.
    So he lied before and he lied in the grand jury? Saying he didnt do any wrong, and he is innocent?

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like that Browns pick might be VERY spicy even if the NFL doesn't do the right thing and Watson plays this year.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Too much pressure play under especially after being out for a year. I expect lots of interceptions. Seriously not wishing for injury but I wouldn't be surprised if he got hurt. He's off on his rhythm and doesn't have chemistry on his new team.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully he has another season off to compound the issue.

raining threes, Cstyle42 and whag00 like this.
  9. showa13

showa13 Member

It’s preseason and he’s clearly rusty. Now I fully believe he will stay rusty with being suspended the whole upcoming season(maybe more), also I think the Browns are somewhat overrated so I would bet the browns pick ends up higher than the Texans pick

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I don’t know…they are pretty talented at the other 21 positions. I could see Garoppolo leading them to 8 or 9 wins.

raining threes likes this.
  11. showa13

showa13 Member

Eh, their WR group is not that good(Amari Cooper is overrated), their defense is very much Miles Garrett-centric(which he is very good) with a solid DB group, but they play in the AFC north with Burrow and a much improved Bengals team, Lamar on a prove it year, and a Mike Tomlin coached team which is good for a winning season no matter what. Plus, let’s not kid ourselves, it’s the Browns. They live in a constant state of dysfunction.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

[…]

It looks like this is all lingering for a reason. And Watson’s step toward an apology and leaked “news” of a possible settlement is suggestive that the break before the next decision won’t come without some last-ditch talks.

All of which brings us back to Robinson’s decision and the recent report of Watson being interested in an eight-game suspension and $5 million fine. While that headline seemed like a recent development, it was actually part of private settlement discussions weeks ago.

Specifically in late July, just prior to Robinson’s ruling. In the days prior to that decision coming down, the divide between Watson and the NFLPA versus the NFL was somewhat simple. The quarterback and his camp were focusing on a smaller suspension and fine in the area of eight games and $3 million to $5 million. Conversely, the NFL had been spitballing a possible settlement in the range of 12 games and nearly $10 million.

Both sides were dug in on those numbers, which culminated on neither making an “official” offer to the other. The result was a settlement never coming close to happening, despite the reality that neither party wanted to keep from dragging out a fight.

[…]

That’s why this settlement window is once again being dragged along. And this time, it appears Watson is squarely inside it and ready to deal. The question now is whether the NFL is ready to join him there.

13. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

I don't believe for one second that Watson actually gave that apology or admitted any wrongdoing...not enough song lyrics...

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Browns actually signed him to a 1/4 billion dollar contract... unreal.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watson shot his wad on that throw,,,, cue rim shot..

16. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I see a lot of people coming to this same line of thinking, but people have to realize that Goodell (the NFL) is not saying he deserves to be punished because he broke the law, they think he deserves to be punished because a.) the public thinks so, and b.) he made the league look bad.

And make no mistake about it, there's PLENTY of evidence that he was doing things he shouldn't have been doing.

*Why does the NFL insist on being in the business of "evidence''? Wouldn't the players, the league and the public be better-served by letting actual police departments, prosecutors and judges handle that? Totally different, they are punishing the rules violations, not the violation of law.

*If the NFL accepts Robinson's wisdom and judgment about the "evidence,'' how can it in the next breath reject Robinson's wisdom and judgment about the punishment? They didn't reject her "wisdom" at all, she said herself that the NFL's claims against Watson were ALL found to be true, and that the only reason she said 6 games, is because that's what was done in the past. The real question should be, if the NFL recommended a full season, and then she reviewed the evidence and agreed with 100% of their claims, why use 6 games?

*If there is "evidence'' of a crime, and evidence that he is a "predator'' - and we're not taking a side here - why has Watson not been convicted of a crime? The NFL found evidence he was lying and not remorseful and violated NFL rules... not necessarily violating State Law.

*Why is the NFL's view of an appropriate punishment a reported minimum 17-game suspension and a fine of over $5 million? What is the precedent for that? Where is there an established consistency in that level of punishment? This is addressed in Sue Robinson's filing, where she says that Deshaun Watson's behavior is UNPRECEDENTED and the worst the NFL has ever seen.... This includes Mike Vick, Kareem Hunt, Richie Incognito, Greg Hardy, Big Ben, Cocaine Cowboys, Warren Sapp, and all the other guys most people thought did horrible things....she says his behavior was the worst....

*If Deshaun Watson is a "predator,'' why would the NFL let him play - ever? She said he exhibited predatory behavior, and that in her opinion it's more likely than not, that he's done the things he's been accused of doing. Don't think there's enough for a perma-ban...

17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

He’s about to be given leniency for that fake azz apology

18. PhiSlammaJamma

Wonder what Peyron Manning is thinking about all of this. Life is so interesting. Same path, two very different outcomes.

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And fully guaranteed

20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I thought he just mooned someone?