1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. showa13

showa13 Member

I would take Deshaun over everyone on that list without even thinking twice about it.
    And an opinion that is that bad has tendencies to derail a convo(it has in other topics)

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

First of all calm down tough guy. Not talking about you. Second, what excuses? Are you saying the Texans are well run? How does the draft outlook strike you? How about the the cap? Who's the GM? Who's the HC? Their offensive AND defensive Coordinators have 1 more year of experience than You do. They have a freaking preacher running football operations! I haven't even gotten to the weak ass roster. Forget DW4 for a second. No one can win the Super Bowl with the way things are being run. Not Rodgers, Mahomes, Montana, Starbauch, Brady, Wilson, Bradshaw, Theismann etc.... Sorry. Grow up dude. No one player is going to fix this mess.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That’s my bad, I read that wrong with you quoting me. My apologies.

As for the rest, absolutely have no objection. This team is screwed. I don’t see a quick fix to any of this at all.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I would too. But that’s personal opinion. If someone said they wanted Josh Allen over him I could see that. And Joe Burrow on a rookie deal I could potentially see.

5. csj

csj Member

OK, so you're commenting on previous posts? Because I didn't see it in this one.
    Agreed, but t seems to me the post you responded to included "debating the points" and you're the one who made "silly accusations".
    Yes, of course. I saw no evidence it was "the first thought" though. It literally was the last thought.

This is the only forum where I use a block list, but only for racists, homophobes and sociopaths of which there are many. Thinking that a poster fits one of those categories does not mean you are "close minded".

I recently had a heated exchange with another poster who I decided was motivated by his own racism. He is not on my block list though because I'm still interested in his POV. It's only when posters are consistently motivated by their own hatreds that they need to go. Raining three's, interestingly to me, is on my block list.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. showa13

showa13 Member

I’ll give you Josh Allen but with that list, Deshaun is in arguably the worst situation(Bengals is bad but they’re about to get the best OT prospect since Ogden), and as an LSU fan I will always support Joe Burreaux and think he’s going to be great but I’m still taking Deshaun over him. But you make sound arguments and logical judgements, some on here do not.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Last I guess is semantics, he had two thoughts on it. Racist was the last of two.

FChow and I have had good talks, his opinions are different than mine on a lot of things. I do feel he goes to the race tactics a little quick but maybe that’s just the nature of society right now. There are a few others that do too.
    I just feel like sports is actually one of those things that you can base things off of merit. Not anything else.

csj and raining threes like this.
  8. Mr. Space City

4500 yards, 30 TD’s, 6 INT’s, 70% CMP%, 112 Rating is insane for a QB with no run game and below average weapons.

Fulgore and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. raining threes

Disagree about Mahomes, Alex Smith had those weapons and I dont see any rings on his fingers. The way I see Watson is, he's a good QB with potential to become an elite QB but he's not there yet.

10. showa13

showa13 Member

NOT ELITE

11. raining threes

I never said that I would take Stafford/Darnold etc... and for the record you are crazy if you think I think Cousins, Wentz etc... are better than Watson. I think Tannehill has had a better year than Watson, that's my personal opinion, this doesn't mean that I dont think that Watson can become a better QB than Watson. If I happened to leave one of the white QB's you listed that's not as good as Watson that doesn't mean I'm racist or that all of the white QB's you listed are better that Watson.

I notice that you left off the black QB's that I said were better than Watson. Wonder why this is?

12. raining threes

Stats dont equal ELITE.

13. showa13

showa13 Member

The only black QBs you said were better were Mahomes, Russ, and Lamar and I mentioned Kyler. Russ and Mahomes are better right now, just like Rogers is better right now, and the argument for Lamar was there at the start of the season but I think we can all agree that Deshaun is better than Lamar. I’ve never mentioned race when it came to your argument against Deshaun.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And that one INT was extremely questionable... basically Cooks gets knocked out/concussed and the defender just takes the ball from him. Could have been called down, or at the very least is a fumble (even though I understand why they rule it an INT as fumbles have to hit the ground... even though this was basically Cooks losing the ball).

Red.Glare and Fulgore like this.
  16. showa13

showa13 Member

But stats mean nothing

17. dookiester

dookiester Member

Just imagine if he had the same support around him that rodgers, mahomes, wilson, tannehil have. Dude is playing at a high elite level with xfl level talent around him.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

As if the problem is Deshaun. :rolleyes:

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Texans could be The Washington Football Team and release the QB you drafted in the 1st round in 2019!

The reason I don't worry about 1st round picks is 50% of them flame out or are BUSTS. That is a fact. If you have chance to trade for a PROVEN player and have to give up a 1st....you do it. Yes, there are cap considerations. However, that is better than wasting time on a player that sucks.

#2699 Mr.Scarface, Dec 28, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Texans are lucky in that regard, they have a QB, they just need structure and a vision for the future. It's a golden opportunity if they hire the right GM and HC. They'll have to turn the roster over around DW4 but that's not a bad thing.

cmoak1982 likes this.