1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

When you look at the film more likely than not guys are not open and guys are continually missing their assignments, running the wrong routes and Watson is adjusting trying to be hero. If he just throws it away all those plays instead of taking sacks we would just have an abundance of more 3 and outs. To answer your question I thought so. I thought this offense was suppose to be innovative and the QB had control. I see vanilla BS.

cmoak1982 and desihooper like this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

my understanding is that the WRs are also tasked with a ton of read and recognition stuff and have to be on the same page with QB on those precise reads. Too much thinking going on and not enough playing.

red5rocket, desihooper and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Unless he runs he is average.

DD

4. thejav

thejav Member

He actually kind of sux .

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He's been in the league this long and still doesn't know when to throw the ball away and when to tuck and run? That's on the staff.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

JAG. Just a guy. Just another guy.

Couldn't differentiate him from O'Brien's previous QBs: Hoyer, Fitzpatrick, Osweiler, [Keenum, Mallett, Savage, Yates, Weeden]

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Similar to Carson Wentz at this point. Physical talent and great start to career but for whatever reason is regressing.

8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I put that on the QB whisperer.

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I mean I do to a certain point. I don’t get why there’s so many excuse for Watson either though.
    Rodgers has had some terrible teams and always made players around him better.

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I agree. I'll admit I just want to blame BoB. I have a hard time though thinking BoB's not holding him back or got in his head.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Maybe Watson is suffering somewhat from shell-shock.

12. Jay713

Jay713 Member

Deshaun DGAF because he got paid.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Don't ask what this means...I have no idea.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  14. conquistador#11

Wouldn't put to much into that. His comments post game reassured that, nothing can take away his smile though some can see that as being content.
    1st half he looked like Wild Thing Vince Vaughn, second half he was 10 points from a perfect QB rating. I like to think Dhop snatches that 3rd touchdown tip toes and goes out of bounds thus not allowing the ground to play a role in that stupid catch rule. We've known that about Watson, that he can be cold for 2 quarters and then pull of the magic. But magic isn't a system or scheme. Losing can be contagious so I'm glad he has a relaxed attitude to not take everything to heart...except on twitter.

I was Ok with running the ball in the last series, I like them going Clemson offense to get 4 in a groove but situations like the last series you would think your $11 million dollar rb could get in the end zone
    Pretty much every analyst or commentator sees the problem except the guys running the team.
    B.O.B has shown he can adapt to a QB what that QB is comfortable with but stubbornness eventually boils over teapot.

15. conquistador#11

Fitzie being in there ahead of Brees and the second behind Brady loses credibility but it does show one thing I've noticed.
    Even the less talented quarterbacks feel comfortable in their teams' systems while Deshaun looks like he's going through the motions.

16. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Just trade him to Miami for Tua and our first and second round picks back. Trade JJ to Pittsburgh and let him play with his brothers. They both deserve better than this dumpster fire.

coachbadlee likes this.
  17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I don't want to take any blame away from Deshaun (because he clearly deserves it), but it seems like he's just incredibly unsure of where to look for open receivers in this system. He holds onto it because his safety valves are NEVER where they need to be for him to have an outlet pass. The play design either has them on the other side of the field, or running across his face in the middle of traffic. Now obviously some of that falls onto Deshaun's shoulders for not scrambling in a way that lets that outlet be available, but I still say most of it is on BOB for not knowing how to design plays that allow his QB to thrive.

Xopher likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Deshaun the great is clearly a big part of the problem

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I would absolutely do this, then fire the entire front office staff and start all over

Xopher likes this.
  20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Is there some stat/metric that determines how many throws a QB makes under pressure and to which receiver? Like a "safety valve" stat.