1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose turns into Penny Hardaway -- true or false?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by eddiewinslow, Apr 29, 2012.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I disagree, Boozer wouldn't be Amare 2.0, regardless of who you put him with not at this point in his career. He's not that kind of player. Moreover, the Bulls still have no player to carry the offensive load or a go-to player in crucial moments. Maybe, Chris Paul or Deron Williams, but not Nash, especially this point in his career.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Our TE hasn't been the same since..

3. Nook

Nook Member

I didn't like the fact the Bulls lucked into Rose, and the scandal around the SAT really left a bad mouth in my mouth... But I have seen virtually all of his games working in Chicago, and I have to give him credit where it is due ... You are wrong, Rose is special, his competitiveness and mental focus is obscene. Penny isn't close to Derrick.

4. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Contributing Member

To echo what other posters have said, sports medicine has had dramatic improvements since Penny Hardaway's injury - Penny also was one of the first microfracture guys. ACL and PCL tears are bad, but they aren't career killers as they were 20 years ago. If we see Blake Griffin, Frank Gore (3 ACL tears) and Willis McGahee (puke worthy complete tear) come back and compete at the highest levels, Rose should be fine, presuming he rehabs correctly, doesn't rush his recovery or isn't rushed in his recovery. If this were microfracture surgery, then the Penny comparisons can come into play. But with the state of medicine and rehab techniques, I believe he'll be okay.

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

Straight ahead spead will return, cutting ability probably, but the stress that he puts on his knees is unlike anything else these other guys are doing or have done. I don't think it is fully comparable. Starting, stopping, explosive change of direction, explosive leaping and he doesn't just jump straight up or forward, he makes hard lateral jumps as well.