1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose is like the town in Footloose

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by kevC, Feb 28, 2012.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He was asked why, and he answered. He was given crap about it first and responded to it, i dont think he went after james and DH first and made them feel bad. I haven't heard he told them them not to do it or anything like that.

It's like if someone keeps urging to try some food and you politely keep refusing and they won't stop. Eventually you're forced to explain it's crap and bad for you and the other person gets butt hurt and offended. Maybe they should have just taken the hint and/or respected your choice. Unfortunately, if you're famous, there will always be someone like that in your face.

All he does is give credit to others and say he's got more work to do. It's a sign of someone who wants to work hard and not play around. It's what makes him who he is and has allowed him to accomplish this much. He's definitely not a douche. He comes off that way because he's uncomfortable being in those situations. It's more embarrassment and shyness than thinking he's too good for it.

#21 RV6, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

He was interviewed. What did you want him to do? Not answer? Then you would have called him a d-bag for ignoring the media.

3. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

That's nothing but insecurity on the part of the work buddies then. Guy doesn't want to go out and he has his reasons, majority don't care what the reasons are and just hates on him.

Rose is shy and humbe guy with a passion to play the game, yet he's ridiculed for not acting like what "America" is used to seeing out of a celebrity. Who's the real problem here, Rose for just being himself, or the "fans", because he's not acting like they want him to act.

4. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

People will always b*tch about one thing or another, I'm glad Rose wasn't willing to succumb to the pressure to fit into people's expectations. Be who you are regardless of what others think, I like that. I also have a very old school demeanor which can come off as arrogance at times, but that's who I am, can't change it.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I LIKE Derrick Rose's "no nonsense" ethic. Its workman-like and professional...

Wait, now whats this .. ?

Dang ERRYbody and dey MAMA wearing the "NERD" glasses now! Just following the FADS, STOP it

[​IMG]

6. SPF35

SPF35 Member

I was happy to see that, you have the two clowns that couldn't take the heat in their own city, didn't want to get blamed(thy both have talked about getting blamed for everything) and they both ironically want to be liked/loved and jsut be showmen. Then oyu have rose who is probably one of the rare nba players who is harder on himself than the fans/media and is just all about winning and cant turn it off. Even in warm ups for all star game he wa doign a serious drill and alll. I love it, wish he was on the rockets.

7. SPF35

SPF35 Member

See, I think this is the difference. Phil Jackson said it best about kobe..that that scowl in his face, the intensity and immersion of teh game, that is his version of enjoyment, that is what he loves. Its not a traditional laugh and giggling happy, this is he loves what he does so he immersses himself for better or worse and that is his enjoyment. You saw that in MJ, you saw it kobe, now you see it in Rose and that is the guy I want on my squad.
    You have Dwight and lebron who may be more gifted(gifted, not betteR) than the above mentioned people, but they are comfortable with the smiles and ating like celebrities and getting cheers... I prefer the immersed ones.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Say it loud, brother...
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Defy9

Defy9 Member

I loved seeing him not dance around - Leave the prancing and lame ass 'designer' glasses to Wade and LeBron.

10. archinkent

archinkent Member

Looks like real glasses to me.

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Rose worries about one thing and one thing only. Getting a ring for Chicago. Love his work ethic, his game and his wisdom of old school NBA. Mad respect and big fan right here.

13. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Awready....you know wuzup :cool:

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Y U NO LIKE FUN??

15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Lol you're nit picking. Reminds you of Kobe? You can't be serious. Every player has to have haters I guess...

There's nothing wrong with dancing at the All Star Game, there's also nothing wrong with stating your opinion.

Rose haters are the worst. That guy literally does nothing wrong but be excellent quietly.

16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Lol I love this guy.

I hope everyone repped that post.

17. Mr. Space City

criticizing players for having fun at the all-star game?

criticizing players for not dancing?

wow, this forum is ridiculous sometimes.

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I dont have a problem with them dancing, but I love how Rose doesn't give a ****! lol

19. SPF35

SPF35 Member

Yea, I don't watch NBA like its some damn broadway show, its no surprise that those clowns are the ones complaining about criticism and being the focus, etc. Its no surprise Rose has ridden suddenly and been even better than everyone expecteD(a lot to say for a no 1 pick). I think he respects another young guy with his mentality(KD) My two favorite to pass the torch for kobe

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/7625706/chicago-bulls-derrick-rose-said-winning-more-important-mvp-award

I'll take these guys on my team and root for them over the dancing actics regardless of how talented an good players lbj and dwight are. Players who don't like being screamed at and can't take the heat, i know they are damn good, but thats not the style of people I would want to root for.

1 person likes this.
  20. Shaud

Shaud Member

lol @ the overreaction to some dancing something that has been a theme in the pregame for the last few years.

OH NO DWIGHT AND LEBRON DON'T CARE ABOUT WINNING BECAUSE THEY DANCE