1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose injured again (UPDATE: Torn meniscus, will need surgery)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Nov 22, 2013.

1. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Saw on twitter that he said he heard a 'pop' and now can't walk on it :( :( :(

How devastating for Rose and the city.

2. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

I live in Chicago and I think I just, collectively, felt the entire city shake their heads in disbelief.

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I feel bad for him but he mostly smoked during his injury off time last year so that's on him.

4. DL24

DL24 Member

its injuries like these that make me appreciate lebron, kobe, MJ and other greats even more...that they've played for so long and so hard without having a serious injury (except kobe until his 17th year) shows their commit to keeping their bodies in perfect condition.

5. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

What the hell happened tonight!? All these injuries and to those franchises' star players too. Just horrible! Especially for D-Rose. He hasn't had a great start to the season, but it was easy to see him getting back to form, albeit slowly. If it is what everyone is speculating and the first test indicates, then what a huge blow to Chicago and the NBA, as well.. Just sad to see and hear about all the injuries tonight. Prayer for everyone's speedy recovery and for other players not getting injured.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Dude seriously.... some people here just have no class.

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Weed, not smoked as un sucked...

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Or could be just really good fortune?

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I think he knew what you meant.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Like...what does this have to do with literally anything?

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

That's a problem why? Does this not piss you off that a player who is a professional, has a max contact, carrying a city and a franchise be so irresponsible...

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Alot of it is luck.

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Have some respect, seriously. Yes, Rose was born with an amazing set of talent but like everyone else, he worked hard to get where he is especially after his first ACL injury. Calling him overrated and trying to look like you're all knowing about players on a thread about said player getting injured again is just wrong.

14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

To me it seems like he isn't all serious. To be praised as a hard worker with the likes of kobe and so you need to be consistent and not mess around.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It does make me wonder though.

What separates Mcgrady, Oden, Grant Hill, and maybe Derrick Rose from guys like Kobe, Lebron, Shaq, etc.

Is it just good fortune or is it because those other guys committed more to their physical health.

It is hard to imagine Rose as a guy that wasn't well conditioned or something. When he was healthy he was freak PG that could play above the rim like a SF.

16. anchel

anchel Member

Do you think Morey could fire McHale if Thibodeau is available this next summer and Rockets, let´s say, have been eliminated at conference semifinals?

17. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Thibodeau would be ideal. Chicago probably won't let him go though. Too good of a coach, even without rosé. We might not even make it to the playoffs with mchale. I mean, we are in 7th place right now.

18. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Kobe takes it to the extreme in most cases. Not everyone was built like Kobe and could withstand all he overcame in his career with injuries. And I feel most GMs and teams would not want their star players to be constantly in the gym or working when you are dealing with a serious injury. But to say Rose isn't serious about his health or the game is illogical, I think. What else could he do while being injured? Obviously, he could have done other things but smoking, if that's true but ACL tears are very serious injuries especially to basketball player and explosive players like DRose. If I was Rose's doctor or the GM, I would be totally fine with him doing most anything except him trying to push himself hard to come back. He is the young franchise star, who should have tons of NBA left in his body.

19. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

lol wtf?

20. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

This guy, I don't even...

SMH