1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose injured again (UPDATE: Torn meniscus, will need surgery)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Nov 22, 2013.

1. ling ling

ling ling Member

It was probably because inside sources were saying it was an ACL tear.

2. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

So your good friend is a drug dealer? or the boss has another side job even though he is "big" time dealer? sorry I just don't buy it...

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Will his jumper get better? Did he improve it much this season? Did anyone follow the bulls?

4. Raven

Raven Member

Doesn't matter whether he can return for the playoffs or not, he's pretty much done as a super star you can build a dynasty around, nor will other free agent super stars join the Bulls after seeing what happened to T Mac in Orlando and Carmelo in NY. The only hope the Bulls have is catching fire in the draft or through some crafty Morey type trades. They really are good and truly ####ed.

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

In 2014-15. Rose took more than a year to come back from the last one. It is sad to see a basketball player who loves to ball to go down. He may need to switch to SG to avoid overusing the knee.

6. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Made of glass.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Westbrook also had a meniscus tear, yeah?

8. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Yeah, but different one, supposedly easier to heal from. But, not sure how severe Rose's tear is nor their plan on fixing it. (MWP came back like 2 weeks later because they just shaved it)

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Time to pick up Deng for a song.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

This is great news, he can get it repaired and be back in a few months.

DD

11. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Yeah a medial meniscal tear is not nearly as big of a deal as his previous injury. I think he should be able to come back in a couple of months.

It is more adversity he has to face though and psychologically must be really devastating.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'm worried that his career as a star level player may be over. Really hard to get your confidence back and get your game back going after basically 2 full seasons on the shelf. How can he trust his legs in the future?

Sucks for the NBA, and especially sucks for the Bulls.

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Prayers up for <a href="https://twitter.com/drose">@drose</a> ... the league isnt the same without him. Get healthy!</p>&mdash; Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) <a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7/statuses/404472457169342464">November 24, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I was about ten seconds away from pulling off a trade involving Rose and Iggy on Tuesday. Damn i dodged a bullet there.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Never had a particular affinity towards Rose, but I don't dislike him. I respect his non-flashy personality. This must be a huge psychological blow, but I assume his family and teammates will carry him through and become a superstar once more.

16. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Reminds me of Brandon Roy. Wish him a speedy recovery. One of my most favorite non-Rockets players.

17. 95Rockets

95Rockets Member

This is why I feared from DRose's health ever since seeing play for the first time his rookie season with the Bulls.

A kind of style that is herky jerky and puts a lot of stress on the limbs. I cringe each time I see him do those spectacular moves. It would be a matter of time before he tore and went down the same path as Penny, Tmac, Grant Hill, etc...

Other players do get bad knee injuries like John Stockon but it didn't affect Stockton as much since he doesn't play above the rim or excessive athleticism

18. 95Rockets

95Rockets Member

Roy is no longer an NBA player though :(

Roy's knee issues existed before he even stepped on an NBA court.

19. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Sad news, he is so fun to watch and was looking forward to an upcoming Rockets vs Bulls game with him in it but unfortunately it's looking like it's not going to happen :*( I wish him a speedy recovery.

20. jase66

jase66 Member

No man, Dwight in Orlando was a beast. His was at his true peak. The guy was a monster who covered the whole interior of the paint. His quickness and lateral movement just isn't as great as he was in Orlando.