1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose hasn't lost a step

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by liunatic, Oct 17, 2013.

1. SK34

SK34 Member

It's a nope for both..

Why would you trade a young pg for someone who's older and gives you almost the same thing.. Especially looking at the teams, bulls need a scoring pg and not a pass first pg while it's the opposite for clippers.

2. eastbay_ak

eastbay_ak Member

It depends on what the teams need. Any team would trade Rose for Paul? :confused: :eek: :eek: :mad: That is the most asinine statement. Rose and Paul are both great players. :cool:

3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

What does it matter what the teams need? Aside from highlight reel dunk/layups, is there anything Rose brings to the table that Chris Paul doesn't?

For a 1 year rental, I don't think there's a single team that would pick Rose over Paul.

4. ln3012

ln3012 Member

CP3 doesn't get enough credit for his scoring abilities. if you think rose gives you almost the same thing chris paul does, you're either completely overrating rose or underrating CP3. how many all defensive teams has rose made?

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I bet more then half the people who like Rose, like him for his style much like Bgriffin fans.
    These scenarios of swapping players is so inaccurately ridiculous. If i had a choice between an all around pg and a flashy athletic scorer, id be dumb not to get the most out of the position in that case.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Hope he will never get hurt again, but I am concerned that he will because he drives to the basket a lot. He needs to shoot a lot more jumpers in order to reduce his chances of injury.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

are the bulls gonna win it all if they trade Rose for CP3 for 1 year?

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Um.. Rose has gone farther in the playoffs than Paul has. So no, a lot of teams would pick Rose if it's just for one year.

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

And what does that mean? Absolutely nothing. Don't forget that last year, the Bulls got to the 2nd round of the playoffs without Rose.

Nope, not a single team would. Seriously, what does Rose bring to the table that Paul doesn't?

10. dubble dee95

dubble dee95 Member

You have to take into consideration that Rose has the luxury of playing in the eastern conference (not as tough as the west), whereas Paul has been playing in the west. Bringing out their success in round progressions doesn't necessarily measure their ability/importance.

However, I would take Rose on my team just for his ability to take over a game and lead the team. Either would vastly improve most teams

11. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Man this season is going to be so exciting if all these stars can stay healthy.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Yeah, I think they probably would.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

NOH traded Paul for Eric Gordon.

14. SK34

SK34 Member

Only cause paul wanted out..

If paul doesn't win this year with all that talent around him in the west then you can't say he is better than the others... The talent level in the west for all team equals one another. Similar to the ones in the East... Sure the east have an easy first round but the second rounds won't be easy any longer.

And don't forget roses performance in his rookie year.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HSaG0oJyEaI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HE has done a lot. Just cause he is flashy and isn't your "typical" pg doesn't mean he isn't good. He is definitely better than Curry and Irving.. CP3 is arguable tho.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Why? The way I see it, Rose can't consistently hit a mid-range jumper. That's a huge flaw in his game. Meanwhile, Curry/Irving are elite shooters.

I don't think there's any facet of Rose's game (compared to Curry/Irving) that can compensate for this gap.

16. SK34

SK34 Member

Well, why does it matter if he can shoot or not? They can't stop him...only Lebron has (& he would do same to any other pg; even Parker was struggling and he (Parker) hit some very very lucky shots on him(Lebron)).

Tell me any player that can stop Rose that's not Lebron?
    Rose has more responsibility on his team compared to other offensively also. Without a jumper, he is pretty dominant.

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

In crunch time, every defender will guard Rose the way Lebron did...give him ~5 feet of space (which takes away his driving lanes) and dare him to shoot. It's pretty easy to stop Rose. You let him stop himself.

Rose doesn't have more responsibility on his team. Not even close. The Bulls just made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs WITHOUT him. He probably has the least responsibility out of any "superstar" in the league.

18. SK34

SK34 Member

In crunch time, Rose has shown he is pretty darn clutch. He has a few game winners under his belt. Again, they can't stop him there either. Just cause you give him space doesn't mean he can beat you to the rim.

Take curry out of the warriors and they still make the playoffs in the west (that's like the second round of east). And Irving hasn't led his team to the playoffs in a crappy east. Rose and bulls went 42-42 to make playoffs his rookie season w/ del negro. Irving has to be like 5-6 games below .500 to make playoffs and he still can't.

19. SK34

SK34 Member

Fixed.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

I would pick Paul over Rose for this Rockets team. Of course, assuming Lin isn't available.